• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette runs a 4.51 and 4.52

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Not with Shula as our OC..

Smitty said it right..

If he doesn't go to a inovative OC it's a waste..

Yup Steve Smith had the best quote relating to McCaffrey . He has to be in a system that uses his skills correctly for him to succeed. I wouldn't be suprised if Shulas dumb ass runs him up the gut more often than not and never use him for pass catching. 

I'd also like to add that if CAR / DG / RR are interested him weighing in at 240 lbs also bodes well in our favor, along with the perceived notion he is not a good receiver out of the backfield. 

He doesn't fit the ''current NFL mold' for a feature back, they're a bit lighter (210-220's) range and are used in space catching passes. 

To me in an offense that may be ''creative'' but is ''old school'' in it's roots of win T.O.P. pound the bal,l play-action passing, Fournette is that guy. 

Where as I think Cook fits the more modern NFL role where more pass reliant/heavy teams are looking for a back who leaking out vs the blitz, and in the passing game in general. Which is why blitz pick up is such a huge focal point in our team's evaluation, and essentially explains why CAP, and Whittaker saw limited time except for when Stewart was injured. 

I would like to see us add a sub 4.4 guy to running back rotation however. 

3 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

A lot of people in here are too invested in the 40.

A 4.5 forty isn't turning anyone on or off the guy. 

To be fair, I think they're all hoping he slides because of this.  Well, from what I'm reading.  Either way, I don't think it has much of an effect.  

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I'd also like to add that if CAR / DG / RR are interested him weighing in at 240 lbs also bodes well in our favor, along with the perceived notion he is not a good receiver out of the backfield. 

He doesn't fit the ''current NFL mold' for a feature back, they're a bit lighter (210-220's) range and are used in space catching passes. 

To me in an offense that may be ''creative'' but is ''old school'' in it's roots of win T.O.P. pound the bal,l play-action passing, Fournette is that guy. 

Where as I think Cook fits the more modern NFL role where more pass reliant/heavy teams are looking for a back who leaking out vs the blitz, and in the passing game in general. Which is why blitz pick up is such a huge focal point in our team's evaluation, and essentially explains why CAP, and Whittaker saw limited time except for when Stewart was injured. 

I would like to see us add a sub 4.4 guy to running back rotation however. 

I could see cook going to the jags , jets getting lattimore, and us getting fournette 

newton_david_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

Some Jonathan Stewart combine numbers when the Panthers made him the 13th pick of the 2008 draft: 40-yard dash (4.46), vertical jump (36.5 inches). 2017 RB prospects the Panthers might consider at No. 8: Leonard Fournette: 40 (4.51), vertical (28.5) Dalvin Cook: 40 (4.50), vertical (30.5) Christian McCaffeey: 40 (4.49), vertical (37.5)

McCaffrey is by far and away the best pass catcher it seems. Making it look easy looks like a WR. Fournette struggles with it two bobbles in a row. 

McCaffrey will be fun to watch as a Panther, just until every play is called back for holding or the entire thing just breaks down completely.

Draft a shifty back when Shula isn't here. Doing it now would be a huge waste.

Archived