• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad Sad Sad

TheRealDeal

So I sit here all night and watch the game and cruise the chat room just keeping my comments to myself because no matter how accurate or inaccurate they are many people just attack you or your post count etc but I cannot stand how many posters after each week run to the boards to say "Jake Delhomme did not lose us that game!" At first it just made me laugh but after week 3 I can't help but point out that in the NFL it is not only the job of the QB to not lose games but to have a positive contribution to WINNING THEM!

Don't be fooled by the yards because, although I don't have exact numbers, many of them came on 3rd and 18 or 3rd and 15 where defenders will give up the completion short of the first down. Add in the underthrown receivers or balls behind receivers or high passes to wide open guys and it makes this performance very subpar. I don't wanna get into the INTs and fumble.

Bottom line: We need a QB to help us win games, not just not lose them and Delhomme is not that guy anymore

I can't argue with you about Jake's performance, but a winning team also needs their STs to be affective, their O-line to block on run and pass plays, their D-line to stop the run, the whole D fense to tackle, the secondary to stop the pass plays, and the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments.

So, yea. I agree. Blame Jake 4 the loss.

The people defending Jake are defending him against the Jake Haters that want to blame every loss on him.

Jake is not playing well. Special Teams suck. Defense is undisciplined and soft. OLine has forgotten how to block. Coaching is unimaginative and inflexible.

That about sums it up.

The people defending Jake are defending him against the Jake Haters that want to blame every loss on him.

Exactly.

People only rush to defend him after a game like last night's when ignorant fans solely attribute the loss to Jake. Sometimes I wonder if these fans continue watch the game when the defense takes the field, or if they're content to watch Jake's play just so they'll have something to talk about at the ol' water cooler the next day.

If I am angry at one player, it's Peppers right now. He makes a million dollars a game and played like he shouldn't even be starting last night. Even there, I can't be too angry at him, because he didn't exactly place the franchise tag on himself.

Archived