• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pancakes

Jeremy Igo

Still a shot ton of carbs, no? Too much carbs are just as bad for your heart as anything else but hard to say not knowing what's exactly in it.

Still a good effort, Pancakes are my weakness and all efforts to make them healthy have failed for me.

10 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Still a shot ton of carbs, no? Too much carbs are just as bad for your heart as anything else but hard to say not knowing what's exactly in it.

Still a good effort, Pancakes are my weakness and all efforts to make them healthy have failed for me.

No.  

Berries are extremely high in nutrients and actually have a helpful effect on blood sugar. The pancakes are whole grain,  so they metabolize much slower and add a good amount of fiber.

One piece of bacon would be many times worse for your heart than this entire plate. 

54 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Trying to avoid bypass surgery. 

I know that. Just curious, are you planning on staying 100% true to this new diet of yours your entire life? A little bit of meat every once in a while won't kill ya. Just gotta have the discipline to have no more than you should. Me personally, maybe I'm just lucky with genetics, but I've been a red meat and potatoes guy my whole life and never had any problems. Could change any day I guess but I still wouldn't give it all up cold turkey. Would just have it in moderation. Which it seems like you could do as well. Be honest, the new diet foods can't taste as good, can they?

Well,  I am off all my meds after just 2 months of eating whole foods plant based. Not sure I should go back. 

Any amount of animal products isnt good for you, even in moderation. Animal fats cause heart disease and diabetes. Animal proteins promote all kinds of cancers.  Not interested in going down that path again really. 

You think you haven't had any problems, but many times the first indication of any problem is a heart attack. Don't let it get that far.  Cut way back on animal products and processed foods,  and add tons of fresh fruit and veg. That is the best diet advice anyone could ever give you. 

Having just a single piece of meat once a week has been shown to have adverse effects. 

I'm 6'1 253 lbs just got the fat man's diabetes. My doc says if I lose 12 lbs it should go away. I'm on a cool diet eat anything but have to keep calories under 2000 a day then in a couple of weeks lower it.  Excersise more.  

No more fast food and  no sweet tea.  I only drink 0 calorie Propel water and the occasional 0 calorie cherry coke 

2 weeks ago I started this and lost 3lbs. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Well,  I am off all my meds after just 2 months of eating whole foods plant based. Not sure I should go back. 

Any amount of animal products isnt good for you, even in moderation. Animal fats cause heart disease and diabetes. Animal proteins promote all kinds of cancers.  Not interested in going down that path again really. 

You think you haven't had any problems, but many times the first indication of any problem is a heart attack. Don't let it get that far.  Cut way back on animal products and processed foods,  and add tons of fresh fruit and veg. That is the best diet advice anyone could ever give you. 

Having just a single piece of meat once a week has been shown to have adverse effects. 

Maybe but I'm on borrowed time as it is, am a picky eater, and love meat. Could eat burgers for lunch and steak for dinner every day of my life and would be happy to do it taste bud wise. I'm like Hank Hill. Lots of things in life that are enjoyable have risks or affect your body or have adverse effects. And a sh*tload of people have red meat based diets and have no problems. Worse for some than others I'm sure, and maybe I'm just a lucky one.

I'm happy for you though, and wasn't saying you should go back, just that you could have a plant based diet and have a steak once in a while. Having a cigar a couple times a year for celebratory occasions has been shown to have adverse effects but isn't really likely to have any impact on one's health. I'm sure having a steak once a month wouldn't really be a factor, but of course doing what you're doing is great too and I admire that. Not easy to change like that. 

52 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

And a sh*tload of people have red meat based diets and have no problems. 

Heart disease is the number one killer in the USA. 

Cancer is #2

Throw in stroke and diabetes and you have the majority of deaths that all can be attributed to animal products. 

People seem to accept now that stroke and heart attack are just normal while getting older. They aren't. That's diet. 

1 hour ago, jasonluckydog said:

I'm 6'1 253 lbs just got the fat man's diabetes. My doc says if I lose 12 lbs it should go away. I'm on a cool diet eat anything but have to keep calories under 2000 a day then in a couple of weeks lower it.  Excersise more.  

No more fast food and  no sweet tea.  I only drink 0 calorie Propel water and the occasional 0 calorie cherry coke 

2 weeks ago I started this and lost 3lbs. 

I bet of you cut out all animal products completely you would be off meds within a week. 

Archived