• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"He is the type of back that you build your team around"

UNCrules2187

"He is the kind of runner that you want on your team," said an AFC personnel executive. "He is explosive and instinctive. He is strong enough to take the pounding, but also has the speed and quickness to take it the distance. People always talk about wanting 'big' backs, but he is the type of back that you build your team around. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/bucky_brooks/12/05/week14/index.html

Awesome article talking about why DeAngelo is flourishing this year.

I am no Delhomme hater, but imagine if we had a stud QB to compliment the running game.

No, I am not saying number 17 is bad, he is good, but I would love to see a stud.

I'm not a 17 hater either, but his antics have held us back recently more than helped us.:driving:

He runs with such power and balance when he is low to the ground. Having two great backs isn't something I am accustomed to. I wonder what the future holds.

The future looks very bright for this running game, and the team in general. We are young and talented at many of the key positions, and are set up to be a force in the NFC for years to come.

If we had a stud QB we wouldn't be fighting for 1st place this week we would own it already.

Or if the defense hadn't given up 45 points two weeks ago, or if Marshall wouldn't have bounced harmlessly off Harry Douglas, or if Goings had picked up Winfield's blitz, or if Rosario would have blocked better for Baker and not let his man come untouched into the backfield, etc. and so on.

The point is, you can't point to a single player and say "it's all his fault". But someone always will.

Archived