• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hoe Lee Poo

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There is a favorite spot of mine on mountain island lake towards a creek where the water gets to about 6 inches for 100 yards then gets to be about 6 foot deep. As soon as you get there the birds, turtles, fish are everywhere. It's insane.

Is it up near duck cove in the river? I think I know what you're talking about 

3 hours ago, osd22 said:

But...

" The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive. "

Sorry, I had to do it.

Global warming has nothing to do with it. We just get early spring because of the jet stream. So be happy.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I have a hobie pedal kayak. Basically biking while hands free to fish. It's awesome. Plus, I can get in areas boats cannot, usually filled with fish.

Makes sense. Never seen one of those before but imagine it's pretty good. My family has a place in the Keys in Florida and we've got a couple just basic kayaks which I've fished out of. Fumbling around with the rod, tackle box, bait bucket, paddle can be frustrating at times but as you alluded to the best thing about it is getting into those smaller areas and little crevices where fish like to hide or feed there. I'm sure a kayak like yours or a designated fishing kayak would be much better but even just a normal one like we've got is very fun. I did install a rod holder on one though which helps a little but not much.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah that was really cool. Not sure how that makes me predicting based on a rwinbow

Perhaps we both just missed our morning coffee.

It's simple: Someone (I thought was you) said at the time that the rainbow was an omen for a great 2016. Now, today, you used the good weather as a sign that our troubled 2016 is behind us and things are looking up for 2017.

That's all. Just me making mental parallels, and noting the subtle irony that was supposed to be the great 2016 season that turned into a poo storm.

Dang it, Jeremy, you're making me feel more nerdy than intellectual. :-D

Archived