• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cook over Fournette?

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, Salisburysean98 said:

What??? Insane you say??? With Micheal Oher who had his brains scrambled and is one hit away from retirement and Mike rim job Remmers? The guy who holds/has false starts/can't pass block worth his own ass. Yep okay, I guess we had better start running Andy Reid's offense. 

Spoiler alert: The Coryell. Oh and Shula. Deep routes. 

It called signing better lineman, something we refuse to do

Steelers and Cardinals throw deep as much as any other teams, they also use their RB's in the passing game 

6 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Oh good god he was using a BB gun what a delinquent, I hope they throw him in prison and never let him out. LOL

So apparently you can have all charges dropped against you and still be guilty according to the outstanding citizen "top dawg".

You do know Cam has way more off field baggage?  

Its funny how you clearly avoid talking about the two teams in the SB to try and prove a point. And please tell me the lottery numbers and since apparently you can see the future seeing how you so positive we will draft Mccaffrey before Cook.

So, in your eyes, Joe Mixon didn't hit that girl?

On February 10, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Adb6368 said:

Then give me Foreman in the second and another position in the first. Didn't know that about Foreman. I was already a fan before now I'm sold.

Im on the fournette train so I'm really hoping we get him in the first, but foreman seems like a really solid back, compares to j stew too. Wouldn't be mad

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Getting in trouble for a BB gun or stealing a lab top? I have never heard a word about being a off field issue guy until this month, he barely even talks.

You just said you don't want Cook, but you will never hear me whining or be upset about a pick just cause Gettleman picked him, you just contradicted yourself. If Gettleman drafts another bench warmer or Mccafrey with the 8th pick I will scold him like I always do. Till this day I said picking Thompson over Collins was a horrible choice.

And actually you don't think theirs more than one way, you keep saying how "we need a physical back to pound the rock". That's what we have been doing since forever and still hasn't resulted in back to back winning seasons. Our approach this offseason and in game design has to change this year or it's gonna be another long season.

First off, you quote where I said I did not want Cook (due to character issues or otherwise)...I'm waiting.

Secondly,  no, I don't prefer Cook in the first round. In addition to Fournette, I've said that I'd personally pick Adams, Davis or Howard. Isn't that a bitch? So many offensive picks---hell 75%, ain't that something? Kinda puts your theory about me ONLY wanting a "pound the rock" type of back or offense in file 13 (a.k.a. the trash can).

Thirdly, every single GM in the NFL prefers a "physical back to pound the rock." You don't believe it, but every single coach in the league would run it all game long if they could get away with it.

Lastly, you trying to equate Cook's past character to Cam's is simply disingenuous. Please stop!

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

First off, you quote where I said I did not want Cook (due to character issues or otherwise)...I'm waiting.

Secondly,  no, I don't prefer Cook in the first round. In addition to Fournette, I've said that I'd personally pick Adams, Davis or Howard. Isn't that a bitch? So many offensive picks---hell 75%, ain't that something? Kinda puts your theory about me ONLY wanting a "pound the rock" type of back or offense in file 13 (a.k.a. the trash can).

Thirdly, every single GM in the NFL prefers a "physical back to pound the rock." You don't believe it, but every single coach in the league would run it all game long if they could get away with it.

Lastly, you trying to equate Cook's past character to Cam's is simply disingenuous. Please stop!

I don't prefer and I don't want is the same thing worded in a different way, your mixing word cause if Gettleman drafts Cook you don't want to look like a fool. And what do the payers you want have anything to do with the offense?

And no, GM's are quite happy with letting their QB's throw 30-40 times a game, this isn't the 1960s anymore. The NFL is passing league in which rules have been bended to give the passing game an advantage. Again an out dated mentality that has cursed this franchise for too long

Lets be real, if Cam were on the draft board today you would be bitching and moaning about his "character problems" Cook as literally done nothing harmful in his past your just bringing up points cause you don't like him.

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

I don't prefer and I don't want is the same thing worded in a different way, your mixing word cause if Gettleman drafts Cook you don't want to look like a fool. And what do the payers you want have anything to do with the offense?

And no, GM's are quite happy with letting their QB's throw 30-40 times a game, this isn't the 1960s anymore. The NFL is passing league in which rules have been bended to give the passing game an advantage. Again an out dated mentality that has cursed this franchise for too long

Lets be real, if Cam were on the draft board today you would be bitching and moaning about his "character problems" Cook as literally done nothing harmful in his past your just bringing up points cause you don't like him.

Are you a fool? Really, are you? I supported Cam wholeheartedly throughout the draft process and was very optimistic when we picked him. Is that "real" enough for you?

Only a fool would think that a coach (or GM, since you mentioned it) wouldn't run the ball with impunity if the other team couldn't stop it. That's just fundamental football that is never out of date. Now of course, most teams just aren't going to let you run all over them if they can help it, and that's when passing becomes preferable or necessary. The goal is to keep the other team off balance with the run and the pass. The goal is to be effective at both. The better chess pieces that you have, the more likely you'll be able to have success. But, disagree to the cow's come home, it begins with the run.

I shouldn't have to explain what Leonard Fournette, Corey Davis or O.J. Howard would mean for our offense, it's pretty much self explanatory.

Let me also give you a simple lesson of the difference between "prefer" and "don't want." If someone gives a stranger the option to pick between a $20 bill and a $5 bill to give to  person X,  person x will prefer the $20 bill, but that doesn't mean they don't want the $5 bill if that's ultimately what's chosen for them. Stop being idiotic. You don't, nor will you ever have command of the English language like I do because you apparently don't understand simple terms, much less nuances of words.

At the end of the day, Gettleman makes the pick, and for good reason.  He's the expert, so if he picks Cook (or whomever), I am 100 percent good with it because I haven't seen him whiff on a first round pick yet.  I have never whined about day one and two picks, ever! I don't get my mind set on one player, that's why I discuss the positives and negatives of them all. Hell, I even started a thread favorably comparing Cook's production to that of Fournette and Zeke.

That's the good thing about the Huddle, and the written word, someone can always check the veracity of a person's statements. They can verify lies, like the one you told earlier about me saying I don't want Cook, and the lie you're telling now about me bringing up points because I "don't like" Cook. 

I don't like or dislike Cook, but I am not going  to totally disregard his past and act like it doesn't exist. That's plain foolish! 

Instead of just being reasonable and saying something like "I'd still draft him, notwithstanding his imperfect past, and hope that he will stay on the straight and narrow here," you foolishly stick to your stupid narrative about me bringing up points because I don't like the kid. Instead of conceding the fact that Jerry Richardson and the Panthers are loath to acquire players that have certain kinds of off-the-field issues due to the Panthers' history, you gloss over the kid's history and foolishly equate it to Cam's. Moreover, it's at least presumptuous, if not foolish, to dismiss the possibility out of hand that McCaffrey might just end up having a better career than Cook. And, instead of admitting that you were absolutely wrong about me "contradicting" myself, you just continue with the foolishness, and suggest that "prefer" and "don't want" mean the same thing.

Damn, Gooby! Now I know why Scot gets on you like he does.

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

Are you a fool? Really, are you? I supported Cam wholeheartedly throughout the draft process and was very optimistic when we picked him. Is that "real" enough for you?

Only a fool would think that a coach (or GM, since you mentioned it) wouldn't run the ball with impunity if the other team couldn't stop it. That's just fundamental football that is never out of date. Now of course, most teams just aren't going to let you run all over them if they can help it, and that's when passing becomes preferable or necessary. The goal is to keep the other team off balance with the run and the pass. The goal is to be effective at both. The better chess pieces that you have, the more likely you'll be able to have success. But, disagree to the cow's come home, it begins with the run.

I shouldn't have to explain what Leonard Fournette, Corey Davis or O.J. Howard would mean for our offense, it's pretty much self explanatory.

Let me also give you a simple lesson of the difference between "prefer" and "don't want." If someone gives a stranger the option to pick between a $20 bill and a $5 bill to give to  person X,  person x will prefer the $20 bill, but that doesn't mean they don't want the $5 bill if that's ultimately what's chosen for them. Stop being idiotic. You don't, nor will you ever have command of the English language like I do because you apparently don't understand simple terms, much less nuances of words.

At the end of the day, Gettleman makes the pick, and for good reason.  He's the expert, so if he picks Cook (or whomever), I am 100 percent good with it because I haven't seen him whiff on a first round pick yet.  I have never whined about day one and two picks, ever! I don't get my mind set on one player, that's why I discuss the positives and negatives of them all. Hell, I even started a thread favorably comparing Cook's production to that of Fournette and Zeke.

That's the good thing about the Huddle, and the written word, someone can always check the veracity of a person's statements. They can verify lies, like the one you told earlier about me saying I don't want Cook, and the lie you're telling now about me bringing up points because I "don't like" Cook. 

I don't like or dislike Cook, but I am not going  to totally disregard his past and act like it doesn't exist. That's plain foolish! 

Instead of just being reasonable and saying something like "I'd still draft him, notwithstanding his imperfect past, and hope that he will stay on the straight and narrow here," you foolishly stick to your stupid narrative about me bringing up points because I don't like the kid. Instead of conceding the fact that Jerry Richardson and the Panthers are loath to acquire players that have certain kinds of off-the-field issues due to the Panthers' history, you gloss over the kid's history and foolishly equate it to Cam's. Moreover, it's at least presumptuous, if not foolish, to dismiss the possibility out of hand that McCaffrey might just end up having a better career than Cook. And, instead of admitting that you were absolutely wrong about me "contradicting" myself, you just continue with the foolishness, and suggest that "prefer" and "don't want" mean the same thing.

Damn, Gooby! Now I know why Scot gets on you like he does.

Sounds like revisionist history, your saying you supported Cam 100% to make it sound like your down, You were literally bringing things he wasn't charged with to chastise him, that's like me saying your a convicted felon and having no court of law to back me up.

Again don't use your outdated mentality to categorize other teams. The patriots just went 14-2 and won the SB with Brady nearly throwing 40 times a game, this is a passing league weather you like it or not, the best offenses are passing offenses and run to keep teams honest. When you have a talented to QB you let him win the game for you, pounding the the rock milking the clock has shown to get Cam out of the rhythm time and time again.

Mixing words is your specialty, you are so scared to step on toes you won't come out flat and say you don't like a player. I'll tell you right now for the second time we draft  Mccaffrey early I will hate that move immensely, I don't give two chits what Gettleman says it would be a horrible choice. You know why cause I have strong convictions if my words and I've study both and Mccaffrey is not on Cooks level by any stretch of the imagination.  

Something you don't maybe you're just another yes man like that mouth breather scot

18 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Sounds like revisionist history, your saying you supported Cam 100% to make it sound like your down, You were literally bringing things he wasn't charged with to chastise him, that's like me saying your a convicted felon and having no court of law to back me up.

Again don't use your outdated mentality to categorize other teams. The patriots just went 14-2 and won the SB with Brady nearly throwing 40 times a game, this is a passing league weather you like it or not, the best offenses are passing offenses and run to keep teams honest. When you have a talented to QB you let him win the game for you, pounding the the rock milking the clock has shown to get Cam out of the rhythm time and time again.

Mixing words is your specialty, you are so scared to step on toes you won't come out flat and say you don't like a player. I'll tell you right now for the second time we draft  Mccaffrey early I will hate that move immensely, I don't give two chits what Gettleman says it would be a horrible choice. You know why cause I have strong convictions if my words and I've study both and Mccaffrey is not on Cooks level by any stretch of the imagination.  

Something you don't maybe you're just another yes man like that mouth breather scot

Your idiocy apparently has no boundaries! I'm done with this discussion.

Conference Championship RB's. 

Bell - 2nd round. 

Elliot - 1st round.

Montgomery - 3rd round.

Freeman - 4th round. 

White - 3rd round.

Blount - undrafted. 

Coleman - 3rd round. 

I still believe in not taking a RB in the first. I know Fornette may be a generational talent (may) but you can find them in later rounds. Yes you can find other positions in later rounds, but not nearly as often or consistent as RB. 

Plus this RB class is deep, talent can be had later. 

Archived