• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cook over Fournette?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, sanjay_rajput said:

They have Matt Forte are they not happy with him?

I think so and certainly they have multiple holes including the most important hole (QB), but many of their fans in browsing their board see what we all see-Fournette is a freak.  I'm still cautiously optimistic.

30 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Then give me Foreman in the second and another position in the first. Didn't know that about Foreman. I was already a fan before now I'm sold.

Foreman has the potential to be a stud. His pass blocking is solid, he's fast, and big. But his biggest question mark is fumbling and it's a legit concern.

I think Cook would be a great weapon in this offense, he is a hell of a receiver...he maybe a better pass catcher than some of the WRs in this draft. Then add i think he would be an amazing change of pace for stew or vice versa. 

down side he is a poo pass blocker and in the NFL if you cant pass block you cant play

7 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Matt Forte and Bilal Powell.  

He is Walter football's Jets pick this week. Not that that means anything, but still.

The Jets only have 6 picks in this draft.  I can't say I wouldn't give up #8, our high 3rd and 5th for #6, Clady, and Pryor, who they're trying to dump anyway.

We'd then all but guarantee Fournette, and have immediate experience albeit with question marks at SS and LT, PLUS 5 additional picks (2 day two picks).

The Jets could still get their QB at 8, pick up two much needed picks, and get their salary dump of Clady.

Cook Over Fournette?  No way.  Fournette would be an amazing piece in our offense.  That said, if Fournette isn't there, and Cook is, I wouldn't be sad to see us pick him either.  Regardless with either of those guys, after watching the full recaps of both, They both will force us to change our scheme, which IMO is a good thing.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Those of you predicting Cook over Fournette probably are not taking into consideration one huge factor when replacing Jonathan Stewart...

e4a7825895cbcb20eb0ca3dd0e08d8a7.jpg

By all accounts, Fournette is by far the better pass blocking back.

Discuss.

this is true...

56 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Its the main reason I feel like Cook is not a fit for our offense. We rely on our RB to blitz pick up a ton.

Then again maybe we do that because Stewart is better at blocking than he is receiving. 

Either way I don't trust Shula to use Cook properly. Fournette is a better fit for us. 

Cook is a real treat for the mismatches he creates, and he would do well if we kept up with the Read Option.  If we're going to cut down on the R/O plays, then we're better off going after a more traditional RB.

1 hour ago, sanjay_rajput said:

The only real obstacle is the Jaguars, but I think they will take Cook.

This is why I have been advocating for the 2 back system with J-Stew taking on pass protection, zone reads, dump offs,.etc while Fournette takes more of the traditional carries.

This allows you to keep the best football players on the field and allow you to mentor the rookie.

The only people who want Cook in the top ten are in this forum.  Jaguars are not stupid enough to waste their pick on Cook.  Fournette, just like Elliot and AP, does not need a mentor. If you bring in a RB only for pass protection, it's pretty obvious to the defense what you're going to do.

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Its the main reason I feel like Cook is not a fit for our offense. We rely on our RB to blitz pick up a ton.

Then again maybe we do that because Stewart is better at blocking than he is receiving. 

Either way I don't trust Shula to use Cook properly. Fournette is a better fit for us. 

Fournette is the better fit. I'm just not sure if Fournette make it to 8th overall. This is a strong draft for defense. If Fournette is gone we should go Safety or DE. 

Archived