• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cook over Fournette?

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

just watched a video saying foreman was the best pass blocking rb in the class.

but yeah, cook might be one of the worst, do not want 

Then give me Foreman in the second and another position in the first. Didn't know that about Foreman. I was already a fan before now I'm sold.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Those of you predicting Cook over Fournette probably are not taking into consideration one huge factor when replacing Jonathan Stewart...

e4a7825895cbcb20eb0ca3dd0e08d8a7.jpg

By all accounts, Fournette is by far the better pass blocking back.

Discuss.

The only real obstacle is the Jaguars, but I think they will take Cook.

This is why I have been advocating for the 2 back system with J-Stew taking on pass protection, zone reads, dump offs,.etc while Fournette takes more of the traditional carries.

This allows you to keep the best football players on the field and allow you to mentor the rookie.

If Stew won't take a pay cut and we are forced to cut him we should pursue Lat Murray. In addition to anyone we can snag in the draft. HB depth has been horrible. Ideally we draft Fournette or another top prospect and keep Stew, but as of right now without a pay cut keeping him is not worth the $6.5M we'd save by cutting him.

And even aside from Cook's PB we shouldn't consider him at all in the first round with his off the field issues and other on field concerns.

This guy has been a huddle favorite before-very objective Bears fan that has been a Cam supporter.  He nails this one again, Fournette is good enough now but can improve as a pass blocker.  He's not Bo Jackson but not the fumbling machine Peterson is.  He's a wet dream for the Panthers at 8 and a nightmare for the other 31 if it happens.

10 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

The only real obstacle is the Jaguars, but I think they will take Cook.

This is why I have been advocating for the 2 back system with J-Stew taking on pass protection, zone reads, dump offs,.etc while Fournette takes more of the traditional carries.

This allows you to keep the best football players on the field and allow you to mentor the rookie.

Jaguars have one RB under contract until 2021 and another until 2019, multiple holes, and maybe Allen as a choice.  Small chance they go Fournette.

The Jets are the biggest obstacle.  Hopefully all these QBs and/or DBs will be lights out this offseason and they'll reach for one.

I'm admittedly nervous, but our chances are very good.

2 minutes ago, Nails said:

Jaguars have one RB under contract until 2021 and another until 2019, multiple holes, and maybe Allen as a choice.  Small chance they go Fournette.

The Jets are the biggest obstacle.  Hopefully all these QBs and/or DBs will be lights out this offseason and they'll reach for one.

I'm admittedly nervous, but our chances are very good.

They have Matt Forte are they not happy with him?

Archived