• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Atlanta cleaning house....

Jeremy Igo

Their defense sucked all year long, and they were exposed in the Super Bowl for what they were. They couldn't get the Pats off the field because they sucked monkey balls, not wind. And even if they did start sucking wind, it's because they sucked monkey balls. 

this is exactly the opposite of how Rivera and co handle business. 

If it fails it's "wow you guys had an awesome season, blew the Superbowl, then destroyed your continuity."

if it suceeds it's ,"this is exactly why the Panthers won't ever win, too conservative."

This fan base is so stupid sometimes. Their team is doing what we wish ours would and we're going to criticize them for it?

Our team wanted heads to roll when the offense poo the bed after a 15-1 Super Bowl run, to a 6-10 season where the MVP QB regressed.

That's like if the falcons OC didn't get the HC job (which our OC obviously wants but no one will give again) and him staying next year, and Matt Ryan goes from MVP to middle of the road, the offense can't sustain drives.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

47 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

This fan base is so stupid sometimes. Their team is doing what we wish ours would and we're going to criticize them for it?

Just cause a bunch of morons in our fanbase want to clean house one season removed from goinig 15-1 in a year with a huge amount of injuries doesn't mean "we" wish anything nor that just because the Failcons are overreacting means it is something to envy

36 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Our team wanted heads to roll when the offense poo the bed after a 15-1 Super Bowl run, to a 6-10 season where the MVP QB regressed.

That's like if the falcons OC didn't get the HC job (which our OC obviously wants but no one will give again) and him staying next year, and Matt Ryan goes from MVP to middle of the road, the offense can't sustain drives.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Shanahan has been doing it with multiple teams, can't compare him to Shula. There's no coaching accountability on this team. None

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It is puzzling. It does seem Blank wanted heads to roll after being embarrassed. I guess it was the defenses fault that Shanahan didn't just run and kick a field goal to win the Superbowl.

Smith was relived of defensive play calling back at the mid way point of this year. Why keep him around? Seems to me this was happening whether they won or lost the SB. 

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think we are criticizing them (well, laughing at them, not really complaining) for cleaning house after getting to the Super Bowl. I think we wanted heads to roll after going through the 2016 season where it appeared as if our OC learned zilch from the 2 losses we had and just carried the same damn plan into 2016. I sure as heck wasn't thinking we should clean house after a 17-2 season where key bad calls by the ref cost us huge plays (Cotchery call cost us the game) in the Super Bowl.

This is a temper tantrum after a huge failure in an otherwise very good season for the Falcons. I hate to say it, but they did destroy Seattle and GB and for 3 quarters they destroyed NE. Except for the last 17 minutes or so, they were by far the best team in the NFL in the playoffs. Having a hissy fit and blowing up the team isn't going to help for 2017, which as a Panthers fan is awesome.

It's not a temper tantrum is accountability and a desire to win. Here we want to win, but we care more about keeping our golf buddies. 

People on here are so conditioned to JRs meritocracy that they don't see this as a good thing. In ATL people are being held accountable for one of the biggest chokes in sports history. Blank knows they will not make it back next year so he is sending a direct message to the coach. Adjust or lose your job. Something Rivera and Shula know nothing about.

I cannot comprehend how in today's world, accountability always has to equal firing people. This feels more like a move to appease all twelve Falcons fans than making rational moves based on in-depth analysis. If the stars align, this might work but it's more likely this will destroy continuity, cause resentment and adds even more pressure on a hungover team.

Which I certainly wouldn't mind.

Archived