• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hello there.

Jeremy Igo

The past year, after we lost the super bowl, I couldn't explain it but it began then. It was hell. Probably the worst year professionally, spiritually, emotionally, etc. The whole year, just awful. Last week I quit the job that made me feel like a zombie and really unhappy, unhealthy that I had for 4 years. I decided to unfug myself... then the Falcons take a 28-3 lead. I'm sitting there. Thinking to myself. "Do you have regrets?", as I think of this, I simply chuckle under my breath as I watch the Patriots dismantle the Falcons. That choke job made me realize that not all bad luck lasts forever. It's time to get things done and that it won't happen unless I start to make it happen. Here's to a very wonderful 2017 guys, your friendly neighborhood Mexican. Ivan.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHA!!! 25 POINTS BRUHHHH!!!

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

The moment I saw that Arthur Blank had come down to the sidelines near the end of the 3rd quarter, I started thinking that he'd jinxed his team.

Never bring the owner down until the last five minutes of the game. Never dump the Gatorade on the coach in a playoff game before the Superb Owl.

At least they didn't say, "We're going to take the ball and we're going to win" with the overtime coin flip.

Reminded me of the Spurs getting ready to bring the trophy out in game 6 of the NBA Finals against the Heat the first time.

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

I would have rather the Panthers won if that guaranteed the Falcons won.....but if we had to lose this is the best possible outcome for the following season 

Just wish it wasn't the Pats though. fug them and Brady and Belichick and Kraft and all their shitty fans.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I just gotta say Vic Beasley is the most overrated chump I've seen in a while. 15.5 sacks leading the league and thinks he's so damn good and all the Falcons fans and media hype him up to be the next Von Miller, etc. etc. When all along his sacks came against terrible competition and he was horrible against the run and got no pressures when he wasn't getting sacks, and then he just fell flat on his face in the Super Bowl. The Falcons got all kinds of pressure and literally none of it was from Beasley. He didn't do anything at all that game. His only play was the tipped pass in overtime that he should've easily picked off but didn't. Even up 28-3 when they're passing every play and Beasley can just pin his ears back and rush, he had zero pressure. What a joke. I would be absolutely disgusted to see that from a player on our team. Glad I can laugh at him being on the Falcons.

giphy.gif

I went from minimal excitement for next year knowing we would be the only team in the South to not have a ring, to full on excitement and growing in my pants. I could not be more excited for the 2017-2018 season now. That epic historic choke from the Failcons felt as if we were the ones that won the superbowl lol Is this what it feels like to be reborn?

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, I get what you're saying, but it's all up to how the Falcons respond. 

As much as I want to, and the situation almost begs me to, I am not going to take anything for granted here. At the end of the day, sure our loss in SB50 was just a normal loss as compared to this truly masterpiece of a meltdown, but we've still got to be about our business going forward. I am not going to be like Falcon fan and write anyone off, not even them.  The great lesson of last night, and, perhaps more importantly the last two weeks, is to take your opponent seriously and leave the celebrating for after the job has been done. They are the reigning division (hell, conference) champions until we take our spot back. I don't expect them to just melt away. Plus, the Bucs and Saints are not going anywhere. 

At the end of the day, we still have to go about our business of getting better! We have a good shot to retake our division crown, and more, but it's going to hinge upon what we do. 

It would do well for the Panthers coaches and players to observe and learn that game is 60 mins.  Not 15, not 30,  but 60 and play like it

16 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

This SB  couldn't have gone any better for Panther fans. Thank you Atlanta. 

Agreed. Going into the game I didn't think any good could come out of it. fug the Patriots and all their fans but damn if I didn't love seeing Atlanta and Matt Ryan choke like that!

6 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

It would do well for the Panthers coaches and players to observe and learn that game is 60 mins.  Not 15, not 30,  but 60 and play like it

True, but I don't know if it's as simple as that. I mean, it could be, but I don't know. There are certainly parallels between what happened to the Falcons last night and what happens to us too many times when we lose, but there are also differences. I can't necessarily say that the Falcons stayed in character when things began to go south. All of a sudden they just seemed intent on abandoning Freeman in both the running and passing offense. Sure, the Pats defense had a lot to do with that, but Julio was still their main focus. When things start going south for us, we stay in character to a fault. Whereas I believe they got "cute" with the pass, I don't know if we know how to get "cute" with our offense when we need to be (if you know what I'm saying).

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hello there, and welcome to 2017.

I would like to thank the Atlanta Falcons for officially making Superbowl 50 and the awful story lines surrounding it officially irrelevant.

While the Panthers lost a relatively close game on controversial plays followed by media drama, the Falcons just produced the biggest choke job in NFL history. No one will remember Superbowl 50 now that the Falcons have replaced the memory with something truly remarkable and almost unthinkable. No one knew that level of choke was possible. Kudos, Atlanta.

Thanks to them, the ghost of Superbowl 50 is officially cast out of bank of America Stadium. Because of their self sacrifice, the way is now clear for Panthers dominance once again.

That said, now begins the 2017 NFL season. New life has been given to us. Join me in having a more positive outlook, won't you?

The light has been renewed. 
Let optimism reign! 

Archived