• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hello there.

Jeremy Igo

Hello there, and welcome to 2017.

I would like to thank the Atlanta Falcons for officially making Superbowl 50 and the awful story lines surrounding it officially irrelevant.

While the Panthers lost a relatively close game on controversial plays followed by media drama, the Falcons just produced the biggest choke job in NFL history. No one will remember Superbowl 50 now that the Falcons have replaced the memory with something truly remarkable and almost unthinkable. No one knew that level of choke was possible. Kudos, Atlanta.

Thanks to them, the ghost of Superbowl 50 is officially cast out of bank of America Stadium. Because of their self sacrifice, the way is now clear for Panthers dominance once again.

That said, now begins the 2017 NFL season. New life has been given to us. Join me in having a more positive outlook, won't you?

Because of their self sacrifice, the way is now clear for Panthers dominance once again.

That said, now begins the 2017 NFL season. New life has been given to us. Join me in having a more positive outlook, won't you?

I'm happy because not only did the Falcons lose, but they did it in such poor fasion that this will surely effect their confidence going into next season. Not only that, but since the NFC South plays the entire AFC East next season, I have to assume the NFL will once again schedule a SuperBowl rematch for the opening game of the 2017 season. Just a thought.

Ps. Just going to leave this here... a845056acaed2252f51801bb8986f493.jpg

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hello there, and welcome to 2017.

I would like to thank the Atlanta Falcons for officially making Superbowl 50 and the awful story lines surrounding it officially irrelevant.

While the Panthers lost a relatively close game on controversial plays followed by media drama, the Falcons just produced the biggest choke job in NFL history. No one will remember Superbowl 50 now that the Falcons have replaced the memory with something truly remarkable and almost unthinkable. No one knew that level of choke was possible. Kudos, Atlanta.

Thanks to them, the ghost of Superbowl 50 is officially cast out of bank of America Stadium. Because of their self sacrifice, the way is now clear for Panthers dominance once again.

Amen to this Igo!  Its a clean slate going into 17.  We need to upgrade some positions and stay healthy and I like our chances of retaking the division.  Cant wait

Honestly, I get what you're saying, but it's all up to how the Falcons respond. 

As much as I want to, and the situation almost begs me to, I am not going to take anything for granted here. At the end of the day, sure our loss in SB50 was just a normal loss as compared to this truly masterpiece of a meltdown, but we've still got to be about our business going forward. I am not going to be like Falcon fan and write anyone off, not even them.  The great lesson of last night, and, perhaps more importantly the last two weeks, is to take your opponent seriously and leave the celebrating for after the job has been done. They are the reigning division (hell, conference) champions until we take our spot back. I don't expect them to just melt away. Plus, the Bucs and Saints are not going anywhere. 

At the end of the day, we still have to go about our business of getting better! We have a good shot to retake our division crown, and more, but it's going to hinge upon what we do. 

32 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

During the past week I read some high praise here for Arthur Blank.  What a tool. I hope there is a pic somewhere of him on the sidelines celebrating.  I'll take Jerry Richardson all day long.

I can't stand him.  His little mock of cam Newton's dab in the Falcons locker room after they stopped the Panthers winning strike pissed me off to high heaven.  If he wants to celebrate a win fine, but don't mock the other team's star player and be filmed while doing it. Richardson has his faults but he is to lacking in class

...and as you point out, he doesn't  belong on the sidelines during the game, he does it all the time.  It is so wonderful he has on the sideline to see the implosion up close and personal.

Archived