• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In a few hours we could be the Browns of the NFC South.

Snake

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Historically speaking the NFC south is far and away the worst division in the NFL. Not a single team in our division has a record over .500 

Since realignment every NFC South team has made the Superbowl and is the first division to do so.

We're the most inconsistent division, but you can't argue we do represent pretty well certain years.

17 minutes ago, KSpan said:

7 years as Falcons coach. 4 playoff chokes in 5 seasons before 2 terrible seasons got him fired. Smith's regular-season win percentage is .589 compared to Rivera's .569 and Rivera has made a Super Bowl. Smith went to the playoffs 4 of his first 5 years while Rivera is 3 of 5, but Rivera made it further.

Also again, I'm not saying anything about Carolina - far as I'm concerned Rivera's on his last chance and I really wasn't against a change this offseason. I'm pointing out that since Smith had to flop badly 2 more times after those 4 chokes your assertion that Atlanta is some bastion of accountability doesn't hold water. By the Atlanta standard Rivera has at least this year, Year 7, to get back on track. But keep trying.

Smith also had a retard as a GM and produced. Like worse than Hurney retard. If one thing is good in Carolina its the GM but that's about it. The Falcons owner was at least able to notice he was not up to snuff as well unlike JR who keeps mediocrity around him at all times. What we all know but want say is that no matter how poor our team will do the next 3 years Rivera and Shula will still be here.

1 hour ago, dardarroarroar said:

Jesus Christ ... somebody get this man a shot of something emoji123.pngstrongemoji123.png how many we all complain but this is ridiculous our season is over the only thing we can do is look forward to the next and honestly there have been low points that are lower than this so you need not complain because if I remember correctly we went one season one and 15 if we are going to zero and 15 and we are going one and 15 we are a step ahead... that's not excuse the mediocrity but you know what I mean

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I have no idea what you just said, but no back to back winning seasons in 22 seasons and no SB wins is mediocre. We may be a little better than the Browns and other bad teams, but we are not as good as others. We are middle of the pack. That's the definition of mediocre.

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I have no idea what you just said, but no back to back winning seasons in 22 seasons and no SB wins is mediocre. We may be a little better than the Browns and other bad teams, but we are not as good as others. We are middle of the pack. That's the definition of mediocre.

According to SB stats we are the bungals. Guess that's better... Sad part is we should be 2-0 in the SB. I really think we would have rolled in 2014 as well. Our owner is weak though.

35 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Since realignment every NFC South team has made the Superbowl and is the first division to do so.

We're the most inconsistent division, but you can't argue we do represent pretty well certain years.

That's why I said historically, we have the lowest winning % of all divisions 

They've been around 30 fuging years longer than we have.  It took them 50 years to reach 2 SB's, it took us 20.  Yeah I don't want to be the only team in the division without a ring but comparing us to the Browns is silly.  I'll bet you damn well we have a ring or two to show for by our 50th year

Hell, I think we'll have one by our 25th

They've been around 30 fuging years longer than we have.  It took them 50 years to reach 2 SB's, it took us 20.  Yeah I don't want to be the only team in the division without a ring but comparing us to the Browns is silly.  I'll bet you damn well we have a ring or two to show for by our 50th year

Hell, I think we'll have one by our 25th

This this this. .. honestly this is how I sleep at night because it took all these teams all these years to get Lumbardy's they had 30 to 20 years to get these trophies so I say we're doing pretty good I just wish we could've been a team with one

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Well, considering that we just finished our 21rst season and  the Falcons/Saints had a 30 year head start and the Bucaneers had a 20 year head start...I think we're a bit ahead of schedule.  2 super bowl runs in 21 years as well as more division championships than anyone else...I think we're doing alright.  The Browns have gone to the playoffs 1 time since we've been a franchise...it's apples and oranges. Heck, it took the Falcons 50 years to do what we did in 20...and yes I'm saying that because they are not going to win tonight.

Archived