• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Cameron Artis-Payne Thread

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

For some reason I thought it was 2015 but it was last year.

I wish him well but I'm ready to get a legit RB to takeover for Stewart sooner rather than later. The odds of CAP being that guy seem pretty slim.

54 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'll be the first to say I'm not 100% on Rivera's player evaluation.

With that said, CAP has kind of been his own worst enemy as well. He had a couple of crucial fumbles in the opportunities he got last year. He also managed to get himself arrested. For a guy trying to earn his keep, he hasn't exactly been knocking it out of the park.

Pretty sure it was only one fumble (that wasn't lost), the other being rightly attributed to Can Newton.

30 minutes ago, KSpan said:

While CAP was inactive when Stew was healthy, he was not only active but started the three games that Stewart was out, getting about the same amount of carries that Stew would have gotten (maybe a few less in the ATL game but hard to say since Carolina was getting murdered through the air) and averaging the same YPC. Not saying that CAP's an answer by any means but the initial post was a bit inaccurate.

My apologies, i mistakenly thought he was inactive when stew was out.  That said, unless we cut Stew and don't go after another RB, I think he's gone.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Pretty sure it was only one fumble that wasn't lost), the other being rightly attributed to Can Newton.

Don't much see any point in splitting hairs. Turning the ball over, and getting arrested for going over 100 mph isn't pleading a good case for taking over the reigns of the starting RB role.

I'm fine with looking elsewhere. It's time to get serious about our offense.

I'm a bit biased when it comes to Auburn players .  I'm not saying he is the next AP or anything, but personally I think he could be a pretty good running back given the opportunity.  His running style is a bit different and I think that throws some people off.  He isn't a burner that is going to outrun a defense to the edge, honesty you don't see that as much in the pros anyway.  At times he seems to be really patient 

Personally I don't get caught up in stats for RBs, because they are so dependent on the system and the offensive line.  Would Elliot have had that much better of a year then Stewart if he played for us this past year?  Would Stewart have had a better year if he played for Dallas?  Best way to judge RBs is to watch them and ask the question "would a different running back done any better on that play?"

Everyone gets caught up in the active/inactive deal but a lot of that has to do with Tolbert.  Stewart is the every down back, Fozzy is the smaller change of pace back, and Tolbert is the bigger change of pace back.  I honestly think that the staff feels like Tolbert can handle the every down back role in a emergency if Stewart was to get injured during the game.  That allows them to carry an extra player at a different position on game day.

I think CAP's two seasons here are all we need to know, I believe he turns 28 this year as he was a 25 year old rookie so correct me if I am wrong. 

I think he was drafted to spell Stew the rookie season, but fumble issues, and Stewart being hot the majority of the season limited CAPs opportunities. In his 2nd season we all thought we'd see more CAP, Stew was getting older, and we didn't draft a half back, yet again, this past season he barely played. 

I think looking back CAP was simply an insurance policy, because Rivera always considered Tolbert, and Whittaker the 2nd and 3rd backs. I think we will take a HB day one, and we will have our choice of Fournette, or Cook. 

I'm sorry some things just make too much sense. And while tackle is an issue, as well as safety, the closer you are to the QB on this team the higher the value, and aside from OL/DL that position is the running back. You can't pass up the chance to replace Stewart as he enters the final year of his deal. 

4 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Yeah he was on 85 which is the interstate but 102..that's some fast and furious type driving lol.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yea, i have seen many fly by me and im doing 90 sometimes..These cars the way they are made now you really can not tell how fast your going unless you keep checking the meter.

Archived