• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Cameron Artis-Payne Thread

Jeremy Igo

Jeremy's statement isn't fully accurate. CAP was active all 3 games Stew was out prior to the start of the game (Weeks 3 vs. Min, 4 vs. Atl, and 5 vs. TB) and had 12, 6, and 18 carries in those games, averaging 4 ypc on the season with 2 TDs. They used him pretty much exactly as they used Stewart with similar results.

I'd guess that they'll bring in competition and upgrade if there's good value or if a guy like Fournette is available, but it may not be the highest priority.

He had a few decent runs this year but he hasn't shown any potential to be more than a career backup so far. Will he be backing up Fournette/Foreman or whoever we're bound to draft this year? I couldn't say. I'd be willing to give him another year and show Fozzy the door this year and let Stewart, draft pick and CAP be our three for this year. 

He was an old, 5th round draft pick at the RB position. I never expected him to be anything more than depth.

The moment we draft Fournette, Cook, or anyone else in rounds 1-3, he is most likely gone, and I'm ok with it. 

I don't hate the guy but he's shown nothing exceptional that would warrant a roster spot over a highly touted rookie. 

I think think pairing a guy like Fornette with Stewart makes more sense than with CAP. Give him a quality friend and mentor and save Stewart and he can be really effective. Pairing him with CAP doesn't seem wise or very scary compared to the other combo.

I think about him and I cringe. I feel awful for the guy. He's wasting away here on the bench and he deserves legit playing time.

I'm sick of us drafting later round RBs to just sit there for us and do nothing. They always leave and get more opportunities. 

I'm not saying he's a better option than Stew but CAP deserves better, I hope he gets to leave and actually have a career.

If we want insurance for stew we should have just got an older vet instead of locking up a young guy for no reason. It really pisses me off.

Archived