• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Cash

Jeremy Igo

Keeping an eye on this kid this offseason. Had been putting in long hours at the gym. Seems like making the team hasn't made him rest on his laurels, but motivated him more.

Has the instincts, smarts, and work ethic. If he can add more muscle this offseason and it appears he is..... Watch out.

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Guys who work hard in the off season get their chance with this team. 

Is that really true? 

Sometimes I feel that that's just a nicety that we tell ourselves---utter rhetoric that we want to believe, that's akin to propaganda in nature. I mean, for example, Damiere Byrd has worked hard and can barely hold on to a practice squad spot. He is just one among many over the years. 

I guess what I am saying is that just because you work hard doesn't automatically mean that you're going to get a real, substantive opportunity, particularly due to the way Rivera seems to blindly favor others at times. I have come to see Rivera's brand of "competition" as pure rhetoric over the years that not only colors his general roster decisions during August and the beginning of September, but his active roster on game days as well. 

Don't mind me. This is just a micro rant.

I think Rivera and Dave see the talent but Rivera just does not know when to use the talent...he has blinders on and keeps giving guys that are not performing well opportunities then if they get hurt the subs come in and out perform them..all along the roles should have been reverse. Then the rookie contracts come up and they have only played a yr on the contract ..but expecting big money because they should have been playing all along..if tolbert is still on this team i will definitely be on new coach for 2018 if we don'thave a good record.

I reject the notion that Rivera can't evaluate or use the talent we have.

First of all Gettleman is known for finding Jags and projects as well as underperforming vets and trying to ressurect their career. Ginn is a perfect example.

Rivera and these coaches are very good at developing players which is something we struggled doing under the previous regime. It seems most years we have had fruit basket turnover and constantly have to rebuild and reload which is why I think we historically get off to slow starts.

Why don't folks who huddlers think are awesome (like Brown) not get in to games over established vets? Because Rivera doesn't see the potential? Of course not or they wouldn't be here in the first place. It is likely that in practice they don't outshine the guy ahead of them. Contrary to popular belief, you don't learn to play in games, you learn to play in practice. Games are where you demonstrate what you learned in practice. 

Some players play better in games than they do in practice. Delhomme was one of those guys. Most don't. So if Philly doesn't perform in practice and then again in a game when he gets a chance, it won't be Rivera's fault it will be Philly's. If he does get in and play well it won't be Rivera's failure to evaluate him, it will be finally Philly is showing in a game what he can do after having some flashes in 2015 but not being consistent enough to grab reps from Funchess or Ginn. 

Honestly if we draft a few burners for the slot receiver he may struggle to make the team at all.  

It isn't just Rivera making roster and talent decisions but the coaches and GM working together. I don't think that a coaching staff known for being good teachers and developing players don't know how to evaluate what they have. It appears to be a non sequitur.  That just makes little sense. 

Archived