• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Atlanta's offense, it becomes clear....

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Adams is one of the better safeties to come out in a while and hes going to make a impact .  Using Clowney is a terrible example.  Clowney is a DE amd that is a position that generally takes longer to make the transition.  And on top of that was Raw generational athlete but succeeded only because his athletic ability in college, he actually got shut down a decent ammount due to lack of skills.  One of Adams biggest skills is his Football IQ, work ethic. 

Adam is good but he won't be an impact player day 1. And the Clowney comparison is apropos given everyone expected him to come in and be impactful day 1.  He got hurt and like all rookies wasn't used to the physicality in the NFL.

By the way, safety takes more time to master than DE. DEs focus on technique and for the most part have only a few responsibilities on most plays. In our scheme safeties have even more responsibility than corners and how long did it take Bradbury to adjust.  Plus Adams is likely to be susceptible to injury until he gets stronger and get conditioned to the punishment he will get tackling RBs and fullbacks who can hit as well as get hit. 

No, you way over estimate Adams ability compared to what he faces in the NFL. He like Bradbury will make some plays but will get burned too many times for my comfort. I hope Gettleman has learned from this year. You apparently haven't.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Jamal Adams is the pick if he is there. No other player would come close to immediately closing the gap with the Falcons. A fast run stuffing safety against those Swiss army knife backs would be ideal.

Yes?

Kyle Shanahan will be gone and so will his one hit wonder offensive success (in regards to what will happen when he is in SF). 

On topic, we need someone who can counter Alex Mack as it's no coincidence that the same year they get him they are Super Bowl bound. We need to get healthy and add quality depth (if that's possible in the NFL anymore) to guard against what happened this season. We could get any number of players to help but as soon as they go down we are right back to where we were.

Move Coleman back to his natural safety position, pick-up another safety via free agency. Focus the draft along the lines and pick-up a receiver that can actually create separation. 

Not just atl but we got the saints and bucs, either strengthen the d line or I personally think getting the best CB at 8 would also help, did like what I saw from our rookies corners late but we saw what happen when just one got injured. Biggest issue IMO is our head coach mindset but that's a different topic

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

11 hours ago, Snake said:

Stoping the run makes total sense if you want ATL to pass all over you for 400 yards. #Needtogetoryan.

Have to play man 2 man & Panthers have the right players in the back 7. 

my scenario: 

Fournette

/Cam\

ArDarius                                                                                                                                 Kb

Olsen  < WILLIAMS> [TRAI] {KALIL}  [NORWELL] <OHER>   Leggett     

<  CJ  >       ( SHORT)        [STAR]        < JPP >

Bradberry                                                                                                                        Worley

Shaq                       Luke                                Davis       

Berry                                                  

Coleman

10 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Atlanta is focused on Ryan getting the ball out of his hands quicker. That's why pass rushers haven't gotten to him as much this season. If we rely on zone next year, we might as well not even show up for the game. We gotta send at least 6 in coverage to counter what they do.

Adams and Hooker would change our dynamic in the secondary. We need an enforcer OR a centerfielder.

I really think we are going to have more cover 2 with man under or even cover 1 or even cover zero. It seems with many teams going to the short quick passes the best defense is man press coverage with safety help over the top.  I think Bradbury and Worley  can actually pull it off. Seems that teams like Houston and New England which were ranked as the top defenses in the league both used man coverage a lot. That allows your front four the time to get to the quarterback and keep teams from nickel and diming you down the field.  I would love to see Wilkes use more man coverage given we actually have the corners to play it.

McDermott went for the heavy blitzing which was high reward and high risk. I would like Wilkes to use 4 man pass rushes but more press coverage on receivers. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

As it stands right now I'm guessing Gettleman goes Solomon Thomas at 8. Just my guess.

Honestly, we've needed young blood at DE for a couple years now.  I completely sympathize with the folks who want offense but I don't think the value is there in the first round and we have an entire draft to help the offense.  For the folks who argue RB, I've never liked drafting them in the first because their bodies don't hold up and I'd rather find some cagey vet wr in FA to help mold Funchess and Benjamin.  Since there's nothing of any value at OT, we're left looking at DE or S as our most likely holes to be filled and even if or when that happens in FA, I'd still rather have a young guy to groom there anyway just because our DE depth isn't that hot and neither is our S depth. 

13 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Have to play man 2 man & Panthers have the right players in the back 7. 

my scenario: 

Fournette

/Cam\

ArDarius                                                                                                                                 Kb

Olsen  < WILLIAMS> [TRAI] {KALIL}  [NORWELL] <OHER>   Leggett     

<  CJ  >       ( SHORT)        [STAR]        < JPP >

Bradberry                                                                                                                        Worley

Shaq                       Luke                                Davis       

Berry                                                  

Coleman

Sorry you are never going to convince me we burn a #1 pick on a position that needs good run blocking. 

Archived