• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Atlanta's offense, it becomes clear....

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Nails said:

Assuming Cyprien leaves in FA, Adams could go to the Jags at 4.  Makes as much sense as any pick for them.  They also don't want him going to the division rival Titans at 5, leaving the Titans in a no man's land not needing a RB and Barnett IMHO being a perfect 4-3 end and the Titans being a 4-3 team.

I doubt Jacksonville goes for a DB that early. They are pretty stacked TBQH in the secondary. They'll probably be in good shape to take DL like Allen if he is there or Reuben Foster. Hell, maybe they will do us a favor and take Dalvin Cook... lol

1 minute ago, Bronn said:

I doubt Jacksonville goes for a DB that early. They are pretty stacked TBQH in the secondary. They'll probably be in good shape to take DL like Allen if he is there or Reuben Foster. Hell, maybe they will do us a favor and take Dalvin Cook... lol

Ha I'll be happy if they take ANYONE not named Fournette or Barnett.

Fournette would help this team A LOT more than Adams would.

Atlanta fixed their OL, addressed their running game and signed a #2 WR as soon as Roddy was done. By addressing their offensive needs they were able to turn Matt Ryan into a MVP-like QB. 

It wouldn't kill this FO to actually address some of our offensive needs for once. When Stewart goes down we have ZERO running game, we don't have a number 2 WR (sadly Gettleman thinks Funchess is an answer, he isn't), we have holes at both tackle positions and a offensive coordinator that doesn't have a clue. 

If Fournette is gone then yes draft Adams, but if Fournette is on the board you 100% take Fournette. 

1 hour ago, Nails said:

We'll see.  Not sure how unless they're using Monopoly money.  If so I'd like to get some of that same Monopoly money out of said @ss.

I went over this in another thread but I'll repeat it here for those that missed it.  KC can cut a back up QB (Foles) and a RB that missed the majority of last year (Charles) and have >$20m in cap space for 2017 and >$30m in 2018, and that is with no other cuts or restructures.  Then in 2020 a lot of cap space opens up. 

Overthecap.com has a great calculator that lets you see all of this.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/kansas-city-chiefs/

Actually they could sign him long term and have a lot lower cap number for him this year then using the tag.  They can easily resign him and Poe if they really want to.  Whether or not they do is an entirely different question.  They might not feel the safety position isn't  worth  the 5yr/60-70m that he is going to want.

I'm not counting on it, at all.  Hoping amongst hope though.  

1) the unacceptable season

2) the ample cap space

3) the unreasonable demands of the DT we'd thought we'd be paying 

4) already drafting the replacement of player 3

5) the Falcons discouraging season 

6) the fact that Eric Berry DID beat that @ss

7) the fact that Tre Boston did NOT beat that @ss

8) the relatively low probability Adams will even be there

9) the fact that safeties rarely give top 10 value

10) our various other needs

Obviously I HOPE it's Berry.  But, I sincerely do THINK it'll be Cyprien, Jefferson, Swearinger, etc.

Swearinger isn't close to the level of these guys. Also, these guys will be getting crazy deal thrown at them by 20+ teams so it's not unlikely that we don't land any of them. I hope we do and we have the cap space to offer a substantial deal, but it comes down to the player making a choice to sign.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Pls stop giving me hope

I've already had to deal with a Clinton-Trump election, alternative facts/post truths/lies, and now a Patriots-Falcons Super Bowl.

The last thing I need is to completely give in to my player-crush on Jamal Adams only for him to be drafted before Carolina's pick (or not drafted at all).

45 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Swearinger isn't close to the level of these guys. Also, these guys will be getting crazy deal thrown at them by 20+ teams so it's not unlikely that we don't land any of them. I hope we do and we have the cap space to offer a substantial deal, but it comes down to the player making a choice to sign.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The tin man from Wizard of Oz is an upgrade to Boston.  If we can't get an upgrade before the draft based on the MULTIPLE FA and trade options (I mentioned KB and our comp 3rd for Staley and Tartt before among others) available and the multiple positives this franchise currently DOES have then GMan I'm sorry, but

IMG_0661.GIF

9 hours ago, chknwing said:

I think ATL goes in the dumpster once a new OC takes over.  Carolina needs a speedy DE to rush Ryan.

I don't understand this sentiment. 

The Falcons offense has been good, and will continue to be good even when Shanahan leaves for a HC gig. It's  not going to magically disappear, and their defense is getting better. 

Atlanta also has won more than lost to us.  Fans best pull their heads out of the sand/ass 

24 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don't look at 2020, everyone's opens up. According to over the cap, we have $165M in cap space. Once you get by 1 or 2 years, you have so few players under contract that it becomes silly.

That said, we have way more cap space than them, so if they don't want to pay him, we could.

I understand that.  The point I was trying to make is that they can free up enough cap in the next two years to afford Berry and/or Poe, which is contrary to what a lot of other people claim.

Archived