• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Atlanta's offense, it becomes clear....

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Atlanta is focused on Ryan getting the ball out of his hands quicker. That's why pass rushers haven't gotten to him as much this season. If we rely on zone next year, we might as well not even show up for the game. We gotta send at least 6 in coverage to counter what they do.

Adams and Hooker would change our dynamic in the secondary. We need an enforcer OR a centerfielder.

Yeah, because Atlanta hasn't upgraded their Offensive Line or anything...........oh wait, yes they did.  

I'd be okay with Adams...

But, Donald Payne is my answer at safety, and he can be had in later rounds or as an UDFA. He's a little bit of a S/LB hybrid, like Shaq and TD, but more suited at safety. You can put him in the box to counter some of the run game, dink and dunk stuff Atlanta uses, and play him in a zone to get the CBs backs in their long pass/YAC game.

There's also some other deeper safeties in the draft that will come in and be starters in the NFL.

John Johnson is another guy I really like. He reminds me a lot of Josh Norman.

Rayshawn Jenkins will be another solid safety in the NFL, I think...

6 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

It's crazy what going out and signing quality free agents can do for a team (Falcons offense) huh?  Instead of letting go of an All-Pro and literally doing nothing else.  

Except for almost everybody, to a man, ridiculed Atlanta's free-agent signing of Manu and their picking up of Taylor Gabriel after Cleveland cut him and NOBODY picked him up on the waiver wire.

Wow, its almost as if players that were other teams "journeymen" can actually be effective NFL players if they are coached correctly and placed in a scheme that puts them to advantage instead of disadvantage.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Except for almost everybody, to a man, ridiculed Atlanta's free-agent signing of Manu and their picking up of Taylor Gabriel after Cleveland cut him and NOBODY picked him up on the waiver wire.

Wow, its almost as if players that were other teams "journeymen" can actually be effective NFL players if they are coached correctly and placed in a scheme that puts them to advantage instead of disadvantage.

I was referring to them, and also referring to Mack.  Mack is one of the best Centers in the NFL currently, and was last year as well.  

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

KC should just let Berry walk so he can get a nice long term contract here

KC has no choice unless they want to use the absurd 2nd tag and/or let Poe go and/or use money they don't have or has already been allotted to others.

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Ryan is getting rid of the ball almost a whole second earlier. Shanahan made him more decisive. It's that simple.

Even when Julio was out, Ryan didn't miss a beat. Pass rush alone won't solve our Atlanta problem.

You keep forgetting that their offensive line is much improved.  I've seen Ryan hold the ball for long periods of time, and still be able to pass the ball efficiently.  I agree.  We need to upgrade the secondary a s h i t ton.  Because they will have to cover for quite sometime, because ATL's offensive line is much better than they were.    

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I was referring to them, and also referring to Mack.  Mack is one of the best Centers in the NFL currently, and was last year as well.  

Mack was a tremendous pick-up for them.

As far as memory serves, there were no corresponding players anywhere near that kind of quality available at the OT position as FAs last year.

If what is available as FAs aren't any better than what you've already got, then what's the use?

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Mack was a tremendous pick-up for them.

As far as memory serves, there were no corresponding players anywhere near that kind of quality available at the OT position as FAs last year.

If what is available as FAs aren't any better than what you've already got, then what's the use?

Fair enough, but Hell.  I think many are better than Michael Oher at this point.  He was so bad vs the Vikes.  It's a lasting memory to me.  :(

Just now, nctarheel0619 said:

Fair enough, but Hell.  I think many are better than Michael Oher at this point.  He was so bad vs the Vikes.  It's a lasting memory to me.  :(

That's a valid point now, but last year he played pretty well and that's the performance his coaches and GM were going off of entering the FA season.  On top of the fact that Remmers (with the highly visible exception here and there... *cough* *cough* Superb Owl *cough* *cough*) had played pretty well too.

It would be nice to have the money to sign Pro Bowler's across the front line on both sides of the ball and have near-Pro Bowler's as back-ups at every position behind them, but the painful fact is that this is a salary-capped league and that ain't never gonna happen.

Our OL was horrible this year, but I think the grade edged to horrible because of the huge number of injuries.  Without those injuries would we have had a great OL?  By no means would that have been true IMO but, without those injuries I *do* believe that they would at least have been adequate.

Do we need better younger players at the OT position still?  YES.  I would definitely like to see what we could do with a reclamation project like Baby Kalil in addition to drafting at least one OL (preferably OT) in the first 3 rounds.

3 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Ryan is getting rid of the ball almost a whole second earlier. Shanahan made him more decisive. It's that simple.

Even when Julio was out, Ryan didn't miss a beat. Pass rush alone won't solve our Atlanta problem.

Adams and Hooker are great players.  Anyone should want them in black and blue.  But, there are multiple upgrades available in FA, we prefer vets in the back end, and we already have Coleman who was great in 2015 and just resigned.

The question is-do we foolishly ignore the admitted NEED at safety for the next three months in the HOPE that Adams or Hooker will even be there and that our season of sucktatude was for a position generally not valued in the top 10?  At least the Titans and Chargers don't need a RB, the same can't be said for safety.

What am I missing here?  Seems like a silly way to play the hand we've been dealt and I sincerely doubt GMan plays the hand that way.

8 minutes ago, Norway said:

My thoughts exactly watching the game yesterday.. Just mad Charges lost to Browns in week 17. Have a feeling they will snatch him up with the 7th pick

Assuming Cyprien leaves in FA, Adams could go to the Jags at 4.  Makes as much sense as any pick for them.  They also don't want him going to the division rival Titans at 5, leaving the Titans in a no man's land not needing a RB and Barnett IMHO being a perfect 4-3 end and the Titans being a 3-4 team.

Archived