• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Atlanta's offense, it becomes clear....

Jeremy Igo

Atlanta's offense will take a step back with a new OC.  They have had a great season but man, it seems 90% of the throws Ryan is making is to WIDE OPEN players.  That is great scheming for matchups and playcalling.  Ryan has always been an above average QB but this has proven how much a great playcaller means.

I still agree with OP that Adams needs to be the pick.  Eric Berry is a pipedream.

1 minute ago, beastson said:

Drafting rookies on defense isn't going to have a real impact for us for about 2 years. If you want to wait 2-3 years, go for it. Free agents need to be brought in on defense.

Same can be said and then some of OTs.  And no one should want an aging vet RB given we already have one.  And do we REALLY want to use another premium pick on a WR?

Barnett and Fournette have proven against elite competition for enough games that they won't be overwhelmed.  Unless they have injuries we should get immediate production.  Maybe not elite by NFL standards immediately, but enough to win their one on one battles more than not.

Why not Adams and Berry?  Total cost of the secondary would still be relatively low considering we would have 3 players on rookie contracts.  I could actually see us also adding another corner, maybe a nickel type, later in the draft.  That group could play together for the next 3-5 years.

For the "have to help the offense crowd":  we can still add some talent with other picks and/or FA.  Our 2015 offense led the league in points just like the Falcons did this year and that was without KB.  If Cam plays well and everyone gets healthy that should help the offense a lot.  Also we can afford to add some offensive line help in addition to Berry in free agency. I'm also hoping that we add some kind of offensive skill positon in the second or third round.

2 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Atlanta's offense will take a step back with a new OC.  They have had a great season but man, it seems 90% of the throws Ryan is making is to WIDE OPEN players.  That is great scheming for matchups and playcalling.  Ryan has always been an above average QB but this has proven how much a great playcaller means.

I still agree with OP that Adams needs to be the pick.  Eric Berry is a pipedream.

Reminds me a lot of the first year of RG3.  Dude was throwing to wide open receivers all year long.  poo was crazy.  

I will be low-key up in arms if we don't get a veteran, starting-caliber safety. A rookie might get us to the postseason, but I doubt we'd be able to get to the Super Bowl next season. There's just too much of a transition for a rookie to make a definitive impact.

7 minutes ago, Nails said:

And do we REALLY want to use another premium pick on a WR?

Corey Davis looks like the real deal. If he shows out at the Combine, and/or  proves that he can be successful in our entire route tree during workouts, don't think that Gettleman is just going to overlook him.

I couldn't agree more. You need really good safety play in the NFC South is especially with the dominant receivers we will play against twice a year. We have had holes in our secondary especially at safety for a while now. If we want to be able to compete just in the division, we have to get better at Safety and I wouldn't mind Adams or Hooker one bit if they are there when we pick.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I will be low-key up in arms if we don't get a veteran, starting-caliber safety. A rookie might get us to the postseason, but I doubt we'd be able to get to the Super Bowl next season. There's just too much of a transition for a rookie to make a definitive impact.

There are more potential vet safeties than at our other positions of need combined.  

Adams has a great highlight reel and scouting report, but all of the above facts make it head scratching he seems to be the favorite here.  Seems unlikely just by putting 2 and 2 together.

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Stoping the run makes total sense if you want ATL to pass all over you for 400 yards. #Needtogetoryan.

It's crazy what going out and signing quality free agents can do for a team (Falcons offense) huh?  Instead of letting go of an All-Pro and literally doing nothing else.  

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Corey Davis looks like the real deal. If he shows out at the Combine, and/or  proves that he can be successful in our entire route tree during workouts, don't think that Gettleman is just going to overlook him.

I certainly hope not unless we're trying to mimic the Lions of years ago.  No way no how without trading down.  And for me trading down should only be to put us in a sweet spot to get a guy that can either protect or get after the QB such as Ramczyk or Charlton.

Archived