• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Atlanta's offense, it becomes clear....

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Jamal Adams is the pick if he is there. No other player would come close to immediately closing the gap with the Falcons. A fast run stuffing safety against those Swiss army knife backs would be ideal.

Yes?

No.

Eric Berry who already proved he could beat that @ss.

Why wait for an unproven thing who may not be there when we pick when we CAN have the sure thing by being proactive and aggressive?

The Seahawks almost won two SB's back to back on the strength of their secondary.  We too could do that.

That said, I'm more for helping the offense this year vs. the D, but either way, at 8, you have to take the best player available outside of QB, DT, MLB, or G.  If that's a S, then so be it.

No.

Eric Berry who already proved he could beat that @ss.

Why wait for an unproven thing who may not be there when when we pick we CAN have the sure thing by being proactive and aggressive?

What in Gettleman's history makes you think he will go for the top free agent at his position?

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

What in Gettleman's history makes you think he will go for the top free agent at his position?

I'm not counting on it, at all.  Hoping amongst hope though.  

1) the unacceptable season

2) the ample cap space

3) the unreasonable demands of the DT we'd thought we'd be paying 

4) already drafting the replacement of player 3

5) the Falcons discouraging season 

6) the fact that Eric Berry DID beat that @ss

7) the fact that Tre Boston did NOT beat that @ss

8) the relatively low probability Adams will even be there

9) the fact that safeties rarely give top 10 value

10) our various other needs

Obviously I HOPE it's Berry.  But, I sincerely do THINK it'll be Cyprien, Jefferson, Swearinger, etc.

1 minute ago, Nails said:

2) the ample cap space

Obviously I HOPE it's Berry.  But, I sincerely do THINK it'll be Cyprien, Jefferson, Swearinger, etc.

I seriously doubt he leaves KC. They will re-sign him.

I think we need to draft a safety and bring in a vet. I figure after the debacle at corner last year no one would be pushing for us to start rookies in the secondary anymore. College kids no matter how good just aren't ready for the NFL right away. Look at what happened when Clowney came into the league. He is a force now but his rookie year, not so much. Injury is a real issue with rookies who haven't developed their NFL body yet and aren't used to the hitting in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I seriously doubt he leaves KC. They will re-sign him.

We'll see.  Not sure how unless they're using Monopoly money.  If so I'd like to get some of that same Monopoly money out of said @ss.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I think we need to draft a safety and bring in a vet. I figure after the debacle at corner last year no one would be pushing for us to start rookies in the secondary anymore. College kids no matter how good just aren't ready for the NFL right away. Look at what happened when Clowney came into the league. He is a force now but his rookie year, not so much. Injury is a real issue with rookies who haven't developed their NFL body yet and aren't used to the hitting in the NFL.

You think that Kurt isn't vet enough?

Although I do agree with you.  Personally, I wanted us to grab Weddle last year.

12 minutes ago, Nails said:

2) the ample cap space

I'm on the Berry bandwagon but I'm leaning towards there being no shot for us. But....I can buy most of your top 10 list here. 

9 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Yup, free agency will be more important than the draft this year. We basically sat still last year while Atlanta pulled ahead. Disgusting.

The only rookies who seem to come in and contribute consistently at a high level are usually RBs.The learning curve is usually steep for others.

I'm on the draft a RB bandwagon though because Cam and Stew need help.

Archived