• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guest Lasus83
I wouldn't do it. We don't need the space next season. Either we pay him $8.25M to play or we pay him $3.5M to walk. In 2018, his cap hit is reduced to $2.5M.

If we want him on the roster for two more years, that's already taken care of in the current contract with very little risk beyond this season.

How do you know that we don't need the space next season?

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 minutes ago, Lasus83 said:

How do you know that we don't need the space next season?

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Doesn't matter if you need it or not. Kinda like how Dave didn't touch CJ's deal until the worst of it was over. Sounded to me like Dave isn't a fan of restructures. Restructures are a big part of why Hurney left us in such cap hell. When you keep pushing guaranteed money down the road, you give yourself less and less future flexibility.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Doesn't matter if you need it or not. Kinda like how Dave didn't touch CJ's deal until the worst of it was over. Sounded to me like Dave isn't a fan of restructures. Restructures are a big part of why Hurney left us in such cap hell. When you keep pushing guaranteed money down the road, you give yourself less and less future flexibility.

Didn't he restructure Kalil & Olsen?

4 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Didn't he restructure Kalil & Olsen?

He had to. We were over the cap and had to do something. 

We're out of cap hell now. No reason to do it with Stew at this point. Especially with him only having one more year of significant cap hit. We're almost out from under that deal. I firmly believe his heir apparent will be drafted this year.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He had to. We were over the cap and had to do something. 

We're out of cap hell now. No reason to do it with Stew at this point. Especially with him only having one more year of significant cap hit. We're almost out from under that deal. I firmly believe his heir apparent will be drafted this year.

Restructure or extension I still want J-Stew for 2 more years, he is one of the best pass protection RB & his veteran presence will be needed in the Playoffs as he takes over Tolbert's role. 

Let his heir learn from him as we transition to more of a  pro style offense.

P.S. we need to draft RB/TE tandem  

Fournette/Leggett 

6 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Run game starts with an offensive line that can actually run block. Trying to have a decent run game with 2nd and 3rd string scrubs is hopeless. Putting the cart before the horse.

We have a top interior with healhty Kalil & Williams is coming to his won.

We just need a LT also OL can be  improved with play of TEs.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you need the perfect roster, then you're not much of a coach. A good coach adapts his system to fit his players. We've seen zero ability to adapt from Shula.

we dont need a perfect roster but one that is on the same level as the top tier teams. 

Offense is old and taking up the majority of the cap the best solution is drafting younger replacement. 

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Have you watched Atlanta's RBs this season? Both of their RBs are used a ton in the passing game. Fozzie is our 3rd down RB, but he had 33-226 0 TDs. Freeman was 54-462 2 TDs and Coleman was 31-421 3 TDs. Stewart had 8 receptions on the year, yes 8.

Getting Shula another RB will not make us anything like Atlanta in terms of their 2 RBs. Using RBs in the passing game is where Shula is the worst in the NFL.

If you want to say we'll try to get two 1000 yard rushers like before, good luck, but even though remote it is "possible." Using 2 RBs like Atlanta, no chance. That would require a huge change in his philosophy, which I don't think is possible.

Nope it will make this offense more potent with ability to attack defense in various ways.  Devonta Freeman had 1,079 rushing yards & 11 TDs ,so he was big factor in the run game & sustaining long drives. 

Fournette has speed, power,& instcits to have the same type of impact on the Panther's offense his home run plays and allow panthers to stay ahead of the chain. J-Stew would move into Tolbert's role of short yardage, pass protection( he is top 5), zone reads & dump offs. 

Both have underrated hands & should be utilized on offense especially for the delayed blitz. Having the tandem on the field allows 1 to block while the other leaks out in the vacant spot by the 2nd level rusher.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.15.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 4.39.47 PM.png

Archived