• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Mag still searchin...

ESPN scribe

Tim Struby here, writer at ESPN The Magazine and I’m still looking for football fans! Am doing a feature for ESPN’s annual ‘Fan Issue’ and I need NFC playoff-bound team fans who have hardcore rituals. Like eating certain foods at a certain time for dinner the night before a game. Or washing a game day outfit twice the night before and then sleeping exactly 6.5 hours, then having the same two friends over who sit in the same spots for the start of the game, then rotating seats during each commercial. Stuff like that…The stranger the better!!

What do I want to do? To sit with and watch different fans go through their rituals and whatever crazy stuff they do leading up to their team’s game. I’ll bring my pen and pad and photographer and you’ll be in ESPN The Magazine!

Anyone with such rituals, please drop me a note at [email protected]. Looking to nail down some subjects soon!

Think he is for real.

From an old ESPN online article:

Round 12 -- Final round!

Struby: The final round. The championship round. Had a good time intellectually pushing our young editor from one corner of the ring to another. So I will sum things up and add a little bonus: Hotter topic? MMA. Better promotion? MMA. Nicer guys? MMA. Better fights? Boxing. Simple.

Bonus: To further prove my allegations, I will invite three of our fine ESPN.com fans to join myself and the young editor for a night of fight viewing at my New York City apartment. Three MMA bouts and three fights. The young editor and I chose. Interested? E-mail me at [email protected] (if you live in the tri-state area) and let's get talking!

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2908429

Anyways, anyone interested, email and give it a shot. Got nothing to lose!

Archived