• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel like Jonathan Stewart may restructure

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

CJ did. Was offered more money elsewhere.

Actually he was cut and then decided he would resign here for less money then what he was offered elsewhere which just furthers my point players don't normally take pay cuts out of the goodness of their hearts.

17 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

Honestly I thought last year Dave was going to give him the gross treatment. On the topic on age and 30 being magic it's simple-if producing youre still young, if not your old.

2014 27 CAR RB 28 13 8 175 809 3 69 4.6 62.2 13.5 31 25 181 7.2 1 22 1.9 13.9 80.6% 990 4 3 6
2015* 28 CAR RB 28 13 13 242 989 6 44 4.1 76.1 18.6 21 16 99 6.2 1 15 1.2 7.6 76.2% 1088 7 3 9
2016 29 CAR RB 28 13 13 218 824 9 47 3.8 63.4 16.8 21 8 60 7.5 0 25 0.6 4.6 38.1% 884

He's old. YPC has been steadily declining. Catch percentage is horrific now. From over 80% two years ago to under 40% this year.

I'm fine with bringing him back, but that contract should not be touched in terms of pushing guaranteed money down the road. HUGE mistake if that happens.

I think there's very little chance it will. We aren't in a crunch for cap space. There's absolutely no reason to do it.

20 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Actually he was cut and then decided he would resign here for less money then what he was offered elsewhere which just furthers my point players don't normally take pay cuts out of the goodness of their hearts.

It was the moving cost.  Those moving guys charge an arm and a leg.  ;)

19 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

But he did sign here for less money. Facing a cut...Stew might make a decision to restructure. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:
2014 27 CAR RB 28 13 8 175 809 3 69 4.6 62.2 13.5 31 25 181 7.2 1 22 1.9 13.9 80.6% 990 4 3 6
2015* 28 CAR RB 28 13 13 242 989 6 44 4.1 76.1 18.6 21 16 99 6.2 1 15 1.2 7.6 76.2% 1088 7 3 9
2016 29 CAR RB 28 13 13 218 824 9 47 3.8 63.4 16.8 21 8 60 7.5 0 25 0.6 4.6 38.1% 884

He's old. YPC has been steadily declining. Catch percentage is horrific now. From over 80% two years ago to under 40% this year.

I'm fine with bringing him back, but that contract should not be touched in terms of pushing guaranteed money down the road. HUGE mistake if that happens.

I think there's very little chance it will. We aren't in a crunch for cap space. There's absolutely no reason to do it.

I agree about guaranteed money part. I don't know if I'm ready to call him old. The years in timeshare should help some and he's a legit monster in the weight room. Now the injuries need to be addressed, it's time for some truth. Stew is not as injury-prone as the number stated. A few of those games missed where NOT for real injuries. At years end if out of playoffs or #1 seed was wrapped up, some players are rested. Yes he's missed some TCs due to ankle/foot issues, but soon as the season started he had a jersey. 

To me it's all about the contract wording.

Guest Lasus83
But he did sign here for less money. Facing a cut...Stew might make a decision to restructure. 

If Stewart gets cut, he still gets paid... not all, but he gets his bonus money (4.5M) if I remember correctly.

I believe he would just lose his base (5M), and be free design where he pleases.

Or something like that.

I remember when we cut Jake Delhomme he made some crazy figure like 30 million that year between what we were paying him and what he was getting paid elsewhere.

CJ, took less money to come back book people completely forgot about the money we gave him when we cut him. He got paid twice by us last year. If I remember correctly the overall impact was something like 7 million and not the three million that people were fixated on.

This is all beside the point of what's best for the Panthers. We are both running a two back system and ideally that is with fournette and Stewart.

It obviously is not going to be with Stewart and Cameron artis-payne.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I like Stewart and want him on the team next year, but there's no doubt in my mind that Gettleman will cut him. Hopefully, he restructures and we're able to keep him another year. Pair him with one of these RB's in the draft and let's roll next season.

First need to figure out what's the deal with cap, is he not getting pt due to performance ? After that's figured out,regardless of who the next rb is going to be,minor upgrades need to be made in the blocking department, new fb, better #2 te ect. If fournette is the guy, is he the complete package, receiving, pass protection, home run threat runner....if not you have to ask yourself if he's worth a 8th pick.

I vote to keep stew, and draft a rb in the later rounds if need be, if not stew the starter with fozzy getting his snaps increased. Time for the coaching to quit letting these guys rot on the sideline or inactive list

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Guest Lasus83
I like Stewart and want him on the team next year, but there's no doubt in my mind that Gettleman will cut him. Hopefully, he restructures and we're able to keep him another year. Pair him with one of these RB's in the draft and let's roll next season.

If he restructures, it won't be for 1 year.

Guest Lasus83
It wouldn't be to a fault.

It's not like he's Tolbert and has nothing to offer. Stew is still a beast and can more than contribute; Fournette or not.

Tolbert is still a good run blocker. We just need him blocking and not carrying the ball. I'm okay with him catching some passes to.

Archived