• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks to be promoted to DC pending McDermott hire

Agent856

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

LOL Wilks who has never been coordinator before in the NFL is better than a proven coordinator who got a HC position....I like him as much as anyone but you people are beyond laughable. It's no wonder half the world can believe in sky daddy with no evidence or proof...seems to happen in all walks of life...just believing in poo 'cuz i wanna'.

Our defense is going to be better next year because our corners have another TC and an entire year of experience...add in Luke being healthy and a defensive draft that we always have...of course it's going to be better...still trying to get an answer too...so is it Rivera's defense or not? need to know who to give credit to when our defense is even better next year due to obvious non DC related reasons.

Rivera thought enough of him to want him as DC 6 years ago. He continues to get upgraded titles here and has acted as head coach for Ron on several occasions, chosen over McD or anyone else. He is currently interviewing for a HC position. He's considered the best DBs coach in the league and Norman wants him badly as his DC in Washington.

The guy is on to something. If you've ever heard him speak you'd see he is a special guy. I've known coaches that have his same personality and have similar approaches, and they are successful leaders and teachers. That might not be a good enough explanation for you, but to me, I can just tell he has it.

I think Ron has a base scheme and it's up to the DC to execute it and build off of its principles. Ron truly seems to let guys coach. McD was a DB as a player but I don't think his scheme relied on them as much. It'll be interesting to see if Wilks' defense changes up the way the secondary plays. If nothing changes we'll know the position priorities stay with Ron. If we draft a top S this year over a DE, then I'll bet Wilks' voice and greater authority at least had something to do with it.

Wilks is no nonsense like McD but I just think he connects better to the players. 

Archived