• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McDermott to Buffalo Bills

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

I remember a few years back when you made a thread suggesting McDermott as our HC candidate Pre-Rivera. I think a good one is really getting away from this organization.

Bad day for us.

Losing wilks > losing mcdemott

It's mainly been RRs' defense since day one, regardless.

I'm not happy to lose him if it's Wilks I'm happy to him get a chance.  There have been times I think the defense needs everything to be too perfect for it to work well. McD was criticized in Philly for being too complex. Again, would prefer to have him but excited for Wilks assuming he gets the position. 

Well if this does happen then it's a good thing. Wilks was Rivera's originally DC choice anyways and it's Ron's D not McD's. And glad he's going to Buffalo where we'd only see him once every 4 years rather than an NFC team. And I can root for him to beat the Pats twice every year.

18 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Wilks has never been anything beyond a DB coach on the pro level, "assistant head coach" title aside in Carolina. Granted he was a DC for one year at East Tennessee state back in 2002.

Have you gotten a chance to see the Panthers' practice?  He leads them to an extent...he's been more than just a DB since he came here.  Albeit, yes, being a field sergeant on weekdays is different than running the entire defense but he's got some really good qualities IMO.  

Obviously rooting for him and I'm very thankful for his service here.  But he just seems like he's gonna be the typical, retread mediocre Buffalo coach.  Won't be terrible, but I don't see him being the one to get them over the hump and back to the playoffs.  I see him posting a few seasons hovering around .500 (give or take a game or two either way) and Buffalo being looking for a new guy.

Could completely be wrong though

Archived