• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Ryan Ramczyk declares for the draft. In play for Panthers at 8?

Jeremy Igo

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Devils Advocate

Last year he admitted he strayed from BPA due to extreme need. Would you consider OT extreme need?

I get a sense from Gettleman that he was not happy with how his hand was forced in last years draft.  He never really comes right out and says it, but if you listen between the lines during his latest press conference, you definitely feel it. Follow that draft with a a 6-10 record and I can almost guarantee he doesn't deviate from his philosophy again.  

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ryan Ramczyk  6'6 314 stud offensive tackle out of Wisconsin. First team All American.

Big school, Big Man. Hawg Molly. 

Fits the mold. 

C10aPUJVQAMODnx.jpg

- He reminds me of Taylor Decker/Jack Conk  from last years draft  class with a Grity attitude.

Conklin with 89.2  overall PFF rating,  #5 overall OT 

Decker  with 82.4 overall PFF rating, #22 overall OT

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Devils Advocate

Last year he admitted he strayed from BPA due to extreme need. Would you consider OT extreme need?

It's a good point.  For all the best player available mantra, Gettleman last year took three corners because he wanted to fix/invest in the secondary.  He could make same decision this year on o-line.  Might not be in first but multiple o-line selections wouldn't surprise.  

I can see if LF drops to 8 he is the pick considering no matter who is running the panthers offense we are a running team. 2 nd and 3rd round becomes a little tricky the front office might feel good about the o line once everyone is healthy since they rode that group to the Super Bowl in which case we might go TE or SS but if not I can see Dave double down on OT like he did with CB's last year.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived