• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Ryan Ramczyk declares for the draft. In play for Panthers at 8?

Jeremy Igo

Drafting Ramczyk at 8 would go against everything Gettleman stands for.  He preaches BPA.  Not drafting hungry.  

With the 8th pick in the draft,  we have the opportunity to draft a game changing talent. 

Devils Advocate

Last year he admitted he strayed from BPA due to extreme need. Would you consider OT extreme need?

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Devils Advocate

Last year he admitted he strayed from BPA due to extreme need. Would you consider OT extreme need?

Extreme?  No, at least not if Blindside is back.  It is dire though but not to the point of desperation in my book.   When everyone is healthy they are a pretty good group all in all.   We certainly could use upgrading at backup positions if possible while looking to the future at LT and C.  I think Williams will do just fine as the future at RT.  The guards are set.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Devils Advocate

Depends on what they really think about Oher.  If they are confident he is back to 100% they might be willing to draft a guy later to sit a year or two.

If there are any concerns at all they need to be aggressive in the draft and/or free agency.  Also they could always chase need by trading back, that way they don't have to reach.

FWIW, I think you guys better not overlook Garrett Bolles.

His future, as well as Ramczyk's, is going to come down to tape, analysis, belief, and opportunity on draft night. Ramczyk has already gotten a first round grade from the NFL Advisory Board, and Bolles might be on his way. 

Yes sir!

I'm confused, why does everyone in here believe the draft board is already set in stone??? This guy could very easily move up, it does not take much. Players move up and down like a out of control stock market. If a couple scouts and coaches fall in love with him, that's all it takes and he's a top ten pick.

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

FWIW, I think you guys better not overlook Garrett Bolles.

His future, as well as Ramczyk's, is going to come down to tape, analysis, belief, and opportunity on draft night. Ramczyk has already gotten a first round grade from the NFL Advisory Board, and Bolles might be on his way. 

Bolles is my favorite LT prospect. With the speed rushers in the NFL these days you need an athletic LT. It doesn't take long to realize Bolles has the foot speed and quickness to compete with anyone coming off the edge. 

IMO we need to grab one of the elite playmakers at 8 and then trade back into the first for Bolles.

Archived