• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Ryan Ramczyk declares for the draft. In play for Panthers at 8?

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

My $0.02:

Gettleman has pretty much hit on all his first round picks, which is what you want. You can't ask for more. All you armchair scout types really need to settle down. 

I'd mostly agree, but Shaq and Butler are at logjammed positions, so it's hard to tell just how good or impactful they really are.

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

I love this kid and think he could absolutely be our future at LT. Don't think I'd want him at 8 though, Maybe if Fournette, the top safeties and top DEs are all gone I'd consider it more but he's still pretty raw. Perfect spot for him would be around where we got Kelvin or a little later, which would make him perfect for our 2nd rounder. Even if we had to trade up in the second or back into the first I'd consider that. Unforunately I think due to teams scrambling for o-linemen he'll go top 20-25.

Yep, If he drops to round 2, awesome trade up if need be! but I see us more realistically picking a project LT in round 3. then praying that we pick up a decent FA and/or Oher is able to stay healthy.

41 minutes ago, top dawg said:

My $0.02:

Gettleman has pretty much hit on all his first round picks, which is what you want. You can't ask for more. All you armchair scout types really need to settle down. 

Not sure id call butler a hit. He's showed flashes but not sure what we have there

23 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I'd mostly agree, but Shaq and Butler are at logjammed positions, so it's hard to tell just how good or impactful they really are.

Butler is still a work in progress, I will admit, but he began to flash a little bit later in the season after getting back healthy. So, you're correct, the jury is still out, but somewhat positive. By far, he's the biggest question mark of all Gettleman's first rounders  I'd say.

As for Shaq, he's gotten enough snaps to absolutely prove he is an impact player. When on the field, which will undoubtedly be more commonplace as time moves on and TD transitions towards retirement, Shaq makes his presence felt. He can play. Not only does he pass the eye test, but his impact shows up in stats and advanced metrics. 

I know that PFF grades must be taken with a grain of salt, but without any other companies putting as much time and resources into grading players, they are the standard for grading for now, and they ranked Thompson the 12th best LB in football.

21 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Not sure id call butler a hit. He's showed flashes but not sure what we have there

Yeah, I'll concede that, but I wouldn't bet against him. I think that he has flashed enough that we really can't question whether he is worth it from a talent standpoint at this time. He is headed in the right direction though.

Even with the question of Butler, I still think that Gettleman's first round picks warrant us giving Getty the benefit of doubt. In fact, his top picks should arguably give us a sense of comfort in knowing that if he picks a guy so highly that the guy is more than likely worth his weight in gold, wherever he comes off the board in the first round.

Don't get me wrong, I am not stumping for Ramczyk, but if Getty picks him, I'll feel pretty good about him regardless of what Huddle scouts think.

Ok, just throwing this out there... Most of the Mock drafts (and I know that they're useless until FA gets underway) that I've seen have us getting Fournette at 8. I'm good with this pick, and think that he's a beast. BUT, let's say someone, like Indi, really needs a RB. If they wanted to trade their 15 for our 8, they'd have to give up their 2nd rounder too (even if we have to let our comp pick go to make it all even on the draft value calculators). Imagine the impact that the # 15, 40 and 47 picks could have for us!!! Of course this all goes to poo if Fournette is a perennial pro-bowler.

This post is on topic because I would consider Ramczyk at 15.

3 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Ok, just throwing this out there... Most of the Mock drafts (and I know that they're useless until FA gets underway) that I've seen have us getting Fournette at 8. I'm good with this pick, and think that he's a beast. BUT, let's say someone, like Indi, really needs a RB. If they wanted to trade their 15 for our 8, they'd have to give up their 2nd rounder too (even if we have to let our comp pick go to make it all even on the draft value calculators). Imagine the impact that the # 15, 40 and 47 picks could have for us!!! Of course this all goes to poo if Fournette is a perennial pro-bowler.

This post is on topic because I would consider Ramczyk at 15.

Ryan Grigson is an idiot, so if he made us an offer I'd probably be interested.

Archived