• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Jonathan Allen Fall to 8

Catufb85

5 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Wow this could really be 2013 all over again when Star fell to us. Knowing how much Gettleman likes DT/DE, Allen is probably in his top 3 on his board. 

Wouldn't be the same.  This franchise had suffered through years of inept DT play and the NEED was far different.  

I see more of a 3-4 DE here or a DT that can flex out to DE in sub packages. He would be insurance for KK, but at this high in the draft, I'd rather use the value of Allen falling for a trade, than the actual selection.  

Picking this high I'd rather have someone like Adams, Barnett or Hooker.... and you could possibly talk me into Fournette over what looks like a luxury selection.  Allen on our DL would be DG's wet dream and very reminiscent of what happened when the Jets had Leonard Williams fall in their laps.  Already had Mo Wilkerson and a 1-yr removed DROY in Sheldon Richardson. 

Allen resembles a KK/Butler type of DT more for me and though it wouldn't be a "bad" pick, I'd prefer to either trade down so that we still get Barnett/Adams/Hooker/Fournette or look elsewhere. Tough call since Allen looks like a top-3 talent, but due to teams' needs / draft crushes, he could be the guy that falls. 

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He may be, but I don't think we can judge that based mostly on his weight.  His speed appears to be comparable to most defensive ends.  And a couple of weeks of diet and exercise could easily get him down to 285 or so and give him additional quickness.   

We need to see him do the combine drills--I agree.  I mean, Hardy was 290 one season, if I recall correctly.

Archived