• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Jonathan Allen Fall to 8

Catufb85

14 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

That was why I said listed... Im at my 3rd site on NFL.com and seeing measurements 6'3 294.. which is that is how he measures at Pro Day/Combine.. Then yes, he would be the 43 DT.  my apologizes.  If hes there at 8 then that's your insurance for KK.

We don't need insurance for KK, we have Butler. If Gettleman drafts anyone to play DT the year after Butler was selected it will be as bad  as the idiot Marty Hurney selecting Stewart  and DWill with 2 of our #1 picks in a 3 year period.

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I just watched my first breakdown of his, vs Auburn.  Not gonna make a final opinion based off one game but I wasn't impressed.  His was the slowest burst off the snap I've ever seen. Like he was standing in wet concrete.  Seems like it takes a long time for the signal to go from eyes to brain that it's time to move.  He got a few plays in, but he was stonewalled a lot and as often by one guy as by double teams.  As of now, do not want even if he could transition to DE and DEFINITELY not as another bench warming DT. 

A lot of that lack of burst you see is Saban. Very rarely does he let his guys just go. He wants them reading the play and playing their assignment to the point that the DL is often just walking into the OL to engage then deciding what to do. It's good for Bama, but bad for tape evals. Really boring to watch as well especially since you just want to see him try and beat the guards ass every play.

22 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

Jonathan Allen is listed at 6'3 265.  Would be a better version of Charles Johnson than a 43 DT.  Typcially in 43 DT's you ant them to atleast be pushing 300 depending on purpose.  43 DT Run stoppers around 300-310. 43 DT pass rushers around 285-300 with quickness.  I would say Jonathan Allen would be a great DE in our scheme.

We tend to go with CJ, Ealy, Addison etc at times--Hardy moved inside a lot---but with a new DC coming in, who knows?

23 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

After last nights performance from Watson and Williams, IMO I believe they will be a top 10 pick even top 8.  With atleast 2-4 teams being in a position to drafting QBs like Bears, Jets, and Browns.  The Chargers needing Safety and WR help. The Browns probably going QB or garrett and the Jagaurs probably going Safety or Rb.  Is there a chance Jonathan Allen falls to us at number 8.  and if so he is the guy? IMO I think it would be a no brainer.  The draft could shape up like this, now I know its January...

1. Browns : DE Myles Garrett

2. 49ers: QB DeShaun Watson (QB DeShone Kizer, Tribusky)

3. Bears DeShone Kizer (Trubisky)

4 Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette

5. Titans : WR Mike Williams

6. Jets : QB Mitch Trubisky

7. Chargers : WR Corey Davis/ S Jamal Adams/S Malik Hooker

8. Panthers : DE Johnathan Allen.

What do you do? I say you have to take Allen over a Safety or Rb.

Dude is 2nd best elite DE.

With Cutler all but gone, the Bears need a QB and have few options. However, Trubiski and Watson could be gone at #3.That wiill be an interesting dynamic to watch.  Fox will have a tough time passing on Garrett.

Jax and Fournette?  Not sure yet.  You could see a trade with the Jets if there is a top QB on the board at #4.  Jets need one, and Jags know they can land a top T or RB at #6.  NY, on the other hand,, would be well advised to spend the second rounder on a QB and move up to get him.

I think we should go ahead and give Williams to Tennessee. 

I think the Chargers end up with Cam Robinson, but they could go WR or S.

Allen will probably be there.

Where are y'all getting 265?  I am seeing 294 when II check.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

With Cutler all but gone, the Bears need a QB and have few options. However, Trubiski and Watson could be gone at #3.That wiill be an interesting dynamic to watch.  Fox will have a tough time passing on Garrett.

Jax and Fournette?  Not sure yet.  You could see a trade with the Jets if there is a top QB on the board at #4.  Jets need one, and Jags know they can land a top T or RB at #6.  NY, on the other hand,, would be well advised to spend the second rounder on a QB and move up to get him.

I think we should go ahead and give Williams to Tennessee. 

I think the Chargers end up with Cam Robinson, but they could go WR or S.

Allen will probably be there.

Where are y'all getting 265?  I am seeing 294 when II check.

Wikipedia has 265.  Espn has 294.  Maybe whomever made the wikipedia entry fat fingered it.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The school site hat 294 too.  Hes a DT.

He may be, but I don't think we can judge that based mostly on his weight.  His speed appears to be comparable to most defensive ends.  And a couple of weeks of diet and exercise could easily get him down to 285 or so and give him additional quickness.   

On 1/10/2017 at 10:10 AM, Catufb85 said:

After last nights performance from Watson and Williams, IMO I believe they will be a top 10 pick even top 8.  With atleast 2-4 teams being in a position to drafting QBs like Bears, Jets, and Browns.  The Chargers needing Safety and WR help. The Browns probably going QB or garrett and the Jagaurs probably going Safety or Rb.  Is there a chance Jonathan Allen falls to us at number 8.  and if so he is the guy? IMO I think it would be a no brainer.  The draft could shape up like this, now I know its January...

1. Browns : DE Myles Garrett

2. 49ers: QB DeShaun Watson (QB DeShone Kizer, Tribusky)

3. Bears DeShone Kizer (Trubisky)

4 Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette

5. Titans : WR Mike Williams

6. Jets : QB Mitch Trubisky

7. Chargers : WR Corey Davis/ S Jamal Adams/S Malik Hooker

8. Panthers : DE Johnathan Allen.

What do you do? I say you have to take Allen over a Safety or Rb.

Dude is 2nd best elite DE.

Yes...

Archived