• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson declaring for draft - helps Panthers

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

They've been doing that all season for Watson.  Like I said, the comparisons are up there dude.

But, nobody wants to admit it because RG3 was such a bust.  And all the experts thought he was the second coming of Steve McNair.  LOLZ.  

I wouldn't say he's a fragile bust like RG3 tho. Watson is a damn smart kid. Like what they said last night. He's an offensive coordinator playing the Quarteback position. Watson relies heavily on his arm to beat opponents. RG3 was a crybaby game manager who needed to run to make plays. He's probably still be a pretty good quarterback if he didn't force his HC out the door. 

Just now, FootballLivesMatter said:

I wouldn't say he's a fragile bust like RG3 tho. Watson is a damn smart kid. Like what they said last night. He's an offensive coordinator playing the Quarteback position. Watson relies heavily on his arm to beat opponents. RG3 was a crybaby game manager who needed to run to make plays. He's probably still be a pretty good quarterback if he didn't force his HC out the door. 

You do know RG3 has two Master's Degrees right?  You also do know, RG3 had better accuracy than Watson coming out of College right?  I mean, we see what RG3 is now.  But, when he came out.  Nobody thought he would be this big of a bust, and injury prone.  When Watson lunged for a First Down last night, and was in the air twirling.  I was like uhhhhhhhh, can we say RG3?    

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Before assuming Trubisky is a loser, might wanna go back and watch some of his games, particularly the Pitt and FSU games.

Would Deshaun Watson not be a winner if NC State's kicker could make a chip shot?

Where did I assume Trubisky is a loser?

It's just that's hes got one year 

2 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

You do know RG3 has two Master's Degrees right?  You also do know, RG3 had better accuracy than Watson coming out of College right?  I mean, we see what RG3 is now.  But, when he came out.  Nobody thought he would be this big of a bust, and injury prone.  When Watson lunged for a First Down last night, and was in the air twirling.  I was like uhhhhhhhh, can we say RG3?    

I'm talking smart in the game of football. And I know RG3 was accurate and had a great arm. I'm talking about the difference between on who trust his arm over his legs. 

Watson isn't going before 8. But he probably will go first.

His accuracy has been shaky the last two years and coaches and GMs have been lukewarm on him. Clemson has had to bail the team out of his poor play at times.

He's not as pro ready as Kaiser or Tribusky, who while they themselves aren't top 10 picks, will definitely go before him.

2 hours ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

I've seen lots of people and commentators on social media saying Watson is not a top 10 talent, while I disagree, I think we can all agree that Trubisky is not. Igo has a good point here, people strongly underestimate team's willingnes to reach for Qbs which became apparent last year with Goff and Wentz. I think both might possibly be taken ahead of us at 8, which is super exciting for us as Panthers fans. We should get a No doubt day 1 starter!

No doubt they both go first round, which helps us at # 40 at least. Every new first round talent that declares helps our odds of getting 2 players that G-man has day 1 grades on. Especially QB's which is the only position that I am strongly confident he won't pick in 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

Made a Cam Robinson thread last night. Few mins later you made one in attempt to counter it. To the point of over exaggerating it calling Cam's performance "underwhelming" when it was not. 

Then, made one about Watson's stock rising after his performance last night.  Draft shakeup due to reach of QBs. And how we could be gold sitting at no8.

And, this morning I find this. Kind of feel like you're that one sportwriter who follows the Panthers. You know the one who many of us feel like he comes on here and see what we are saying before he put something out there? Saying what we all already saying? Just putting his name on it. 

I'll quit being a dick when you quit stealing my poo. Plus, it didn't matter if he declared last night or not. He needed a big game to move his stock which he did. He wasn't a projected top10 until after last night. And, Swinney done came out and said about a month and half ago that he intends to enter the draft. 

Pick your battles, Chuck.

(and I wouldn't pick this one if I were you)

Archived