• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson declaring for draft - helps Panthers

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

That's a bad comparison. Watson is a lot of Mariota than RG3.

Hmmmm.  Watson tore his ACL, had two surgeries on the same leg.  RG3 had two surgeries on the same leg, and tore his ACL.  Watson has to run to pass well, RG3 has to run to pass well.  RG3 is 6'2, Watson is 6'2.  RG3 won the Heisman, Watson was up for the Heisman.  RG3 was 224 coming out of College.  Watson is 214.  So, is it a bad comparison?  Mariota was much more polished from the pocket, and a more polished passer.  Watson CLEARLY is not.  Honestly, RG3 was more polished from the pocket than Watson too.  If you want to be dead honest, only thing Watson has over RG3 is I guess being a good QB when it matters?  I dunno.  

1 hour ago, csx said:

Trubisky might be a fine prospect but for him to jump a winner like Watson in the talking heads lists is just over thinking sillyness

Before assuming Trubisky is a loser, might wanna go back and watch some of his games, particularly the Pitt and FSU games.

Would Deshaun Watson not be a winner if NC State's kicker could make a chip shot?

2 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Hmmmm.  Watson tore his ACL, had two surgeries on the same leg.  RG3 had two surgeries on the same leg, and tore his ACL.  Watson has to run to pass well, RG3 has to run to pass well.  RG3 is 6'2, Watson is 6'2.  RG3 won the Heisman, Watson was up for the Heisman.  RG3 was 224 coming out of College.  Watson is 214.  So, is it a bad comparison?  Mariota was much more polished from the pocket, and a more polished passer.  Watson CLEARLY is not.  Honestly, RG3 was more polished from the pocket than Watson too.  If you want to be dead honest, only thing Watson has over RG3 is I guess being a good QB when it matters?  I dunno.  

RG3 was more a read option QB. 

Overall, I think this draft is chock full of a ton of really good college QBs who just don't project all that well to the NFL. Trubisky is really the only guy that has the prototype NFL QB tools.

That's not to say he'll be the best or the only one that pans out, but it's not a great year to need a QB IMO.

1 minute ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

I saw a lot of stupid designed running plays like how Shula does Cam.

They've been doing that all season for Watson.  Like I said, the comparisons are up there dude.

But, nobody wants to admit it because RG3 was such a bust.  And all the experts thought he was the second coming of Steve McNair.  LOLZ.  

Archived