• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson declaring for draft - helps Panthers

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, falconlynx said:

Talent doesn't always equal draft position. 

I.e., if Switzer were over 6'1, he would be a first rounder. 

Draft position is a good indicator. And no Switzer wouldn't be a second round pick, the reason he's a effective is cause he's short and quick.

Either way no way in their right mind thinks UNC has Clemson talent level 

23 hours ago, Rags said:

Watson isn't going before 8. But he probably will go first.

His accuracy has been shaky the last two years and coaches and GMs have been lukewarm on him. Clemson has had to bail the team out of his poor play at times.

He's not as pro ready as Kaiser or Tribusky, who while they themselves aren't top 10 picks, will definitely go before him.

You sure you want to be a football scout...lol...He was a great college Qb and could be a great pro...I'm saying he will be ...as well as Trubiski... But Watson definitely the better QB right now...

17 hours ago, falconlynx said:

I don't like the idea of making judgments about a player based on a stat line, especially in a spread college offense.

It has been a while since I watched the Pittsburgh game film, but I recall him missing a few crucial 3rd down conversions  in the 3rd and 4th quarters as well as multiple instances of going to the check-down way too early. 

Overall, throughout his career, I recall he has lots of drive killing decisions by going to the check-down way too early on 3rd and 7 or more. He also missed way too many open receivers on the deep ball. 

Throughout his career...lol...1 season as a starter...and it was  great season for him...ice water veins... short memory , on to next play... mobile,slippery with good vision...strong arm... makes all the throws...an Eli  type QB....controls emotions stays calm...not as good as Watson but a good,really good QB who has tremendous upside...

Archived