• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Talking point - College Champ Game

Jeremy Igo

56 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I don't believe it is. Put Trubisky at one of the top schools in college and give him more than 1 year. It's an unfair comparison. Trubisky has all the tools and is a better passer than Watson

Josh Allen has more tools by far than anyone-by far.  HE'S the one that by putting him in a top school with experience would be the CONSENSUS #1 overall pick.  But if he declares by January 16, a QB desperate team in the top 7 could easily go gaga over the physical tools and not be able to help themselves.  More physical tools than any QB not named Cam.

Need the crying Jordan/obj face on that bama LB holding the belt, come on internet....

Judging Watson and trubisky after THAT performance against by God Alabama?? Led by Nick Saben and his pro-level defense??? Got to sleep on that, other-wise I'd make a recent judgement call. Ill just say both are for sure in play for top 10. Weak class still force the top guys towards the very top, just the way things are. I mean 3 months before last year's draft, Goff and wertez where thought of as late 1st-2nd even 3rd round at the very best. You know the rest and two teams gave king ransdom for those two.

3 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

Need the crying Jordan/obj face on that bama LB holding the belt, come on internet....

Judging Watson and trubisky after THAT performance against by God Alabama?? Led by Nick Saben and his pro-level defense??? Got to sleep on that, other-wise I'd make a recent judgement call. Ill just say both are for sure in play for top 10. Weak class still force the top guys towards the very top, just the way things are. I mean 3 months before last year's draft, Goff and wertez where thought of as late 1st-2nd even 3rd round at the very best. You know the rest and two teams gave king ransdom for those two.

Still in shock Goff went #1. You can see why Wentz went high. He has prototype size and a good arm. He showed a lot of promise as a rookie. Goff on the other hand looks like Pickle version 2.0.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Still in shock Goff went #1. You can see why Wentz went high. He has prototype size and a good arm. He showed a lot of promise as a rookie. Goff on the other hand looks like Pickle version 2.0.

Josh Allen is Wentz 2.0, coached by Wentz's college coach too.  Just RAW and inexperienced.

3 minutes ago, Icebox said:

I'll wait before passing judgment on Watson as a pro. 

Vince Young looked good in his championship game, too.

I would HATE if my team took Watson, but only hope after tonight some team in the top 7 does.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I concur, 100%. Goff looks like he just came off a high school field. Now before the season I trashed both QBs hard, proof is in a number of draft threads. Now after the year, wentz looks legit. I don't know how much of that is coaching, etc. He did not play like a rookie, at any point it seemed. Basically the two looked like polar opposites, plus given goff has to play against hawks and cards(believe it or 2nd in overall D this yr) D he maybe out of league soon as his rookie contract is up. The Rams got hung up and being able to adapt to the LA environment, I'd be beyond pissed if my team gave away picks for Goff.

3 hours ago, MV%doe said:

That belt is not a "championship" belt. It is Alabama's turnover belt, and the defender who forced or recovered the most recent turnover gets it when they get back to the sideline. That was not meant, in any way, to be a run in Clemson's face. It is simply a way the Alabama defense celebrates turnovers. 

That was a great game though. Have to hand it to Clemson for staying with it. As the game wore on and Bama kept having quick, unsustained drives, I knew their defense was going to be gassed. That is exactly what happened and exactly why Clemson was able to mount the comeback.

Fantastic NCGs over the past two years between these two teams though. 

That belt is not a "championship" belt. It is Alabama's turnover belt, and the defender who forced or recovered the most recent turnover gets it when they get back to the sideline. That was not meant, in any way, to be a run in Clemson's face. It is simply a way the Alabama defense celebrates turnovers. 

That was a great game though. Have to hand it to Clemson for staying with it. As the game wore on and Bama kept having quick, unsustained drives, I knew their defense was going to be gassed. That is exactly what happened and exactly why Clemson was able to mount the comeback.

Fantastic NCGs over the past two years between these two teams though. 

Its great to see Bama lose, don't get me wrong, I just hope NCAAF can be more competitive instead of being dominated by just one team.

Hope you are ok, I know how it felt after losing last years Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 hour ago, B.BERSIN said:

Its great to see Bama lose, don't get me wrong, I just hope NCAAF can be more competitive instead of being dominated by just one team.

Hope you are ok, I know how it felt after losing last years Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

As I've gotten older in life, sports games mean far less to me. As I was talking to my seven-year old after the game, he said, "Daddy, are you sad?" I responded with, "No, son. I'm not sad." He immediately came back with, "Because it's just a football game, right?" I answered in the affirmative. 

Its fun to get wrapped up in the moment of a sporting event, but I've come to realize that these events, which have no true bearing on my life, are just entertainment. I spent far too many years letting sporting events ruin my day. They haven't for years and they won't for the rest of my life (unless it is the games my kids play in).

Archived