• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavarres King catches TD in playoffs....

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

There are multiple ways, but the way the Giants did it this season has been tried many times before and it fails more frequently than it succeeds.

You also have to consider whether you're satisfied with just getting to the Super Bowl one time or you want to be in contention on a regular basis. If you do, then throwing a load of cap into a single season isn't a smart move.

But again, Denver has spent a good bit of money. They've been in contention the past 5 years; including this year even though they didn't make the playoffs. Seattle, too, has spent money and thrown big contracts at pretty much their entire secondary and have remain in contention pretty consistently. 

As for the Giants, it's too early to say whether their moves this past offseason were smart or not. So far, the moves have worked out; especially if they're in contention next year and so on. The Giants had been in a playoff drought before spending money.

20 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Well, we've reached the point in the thread where we start arguing about Gettleman 

I had no plans of bringing up Gettleman, but is he not allowed to be talked about on here? Low key, your boy opened it up for Gettleman to be argued about when he came in here and was trying to make a point to those who were for spending money this past offseason.

But naw, I wasn't going to bring him up and won't discuss him. I'm just up trying to put my baby girl to sleep, and figured I'd engage in a bit of football discussion.

41 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

I had no plans of bringing up Gettleman, but is he not allowed to be talked about on here? Low key, your boy opened it up for Gettleman to be argued about when he came in here and was trying to make a point to those who were for spending money this past offseason.

But naw, I wasn't going to bring him up and won't discuss him. I'm just up trying to put my baby girl to sleep, and figured I'd engage in a bit of football discussion.

Well said, regardless.  

48 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

11-5 giants team with a rookie HC loses to arguably the best or second best qb in the league so let's bash them for spending money in free agency......while also acknowledging in another thread that there star wr let them down tremendously.....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

This....and the Panthers are 6-9

lolz

but we have cap room and don't spend big so we already won

2 hours ago, Kakarot said:

First off, he isn't my boy. Secondly, if you're getting pie from nctarheel, you know you messed up. It's just funny how every thread devolves into an argument about gettleman now

Well it'll all turn out okay when Seattle beats Atlanta and then loses to the Packers who make the "Boys" go one and done, and the Chiefs beat the Pats. 50 years later rematch of SB I.

This would be awesome! KC great and NFL Hall of Famer Bobby Bell is a close family friend. He is a NC native and played against Green Bay in Super Bowl I. If we can't win it all, I'd love for KC to.

cdccc3730d4337ca3c104bb3b9f49120.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

9 hours ago, Kakarot said:

But again, Denver has spent a good bit of money. They've been in contention the past 5 years; including this year even though they didn't make the playoffs. Seattle, too, has spent money and thrown big contracts at pretty much their entire secondary and have remain in contention pretty consistently. 

As for the Giants, it's too early to say whether their moves this past offseason were smart or not. So far, the moves have worked out; especially if they're in contention next year and so on. The Giants had been in a playoff drought before spending money.

I agree. 

Just because they didn't win rings doesn't mean that their modus operandi was a total failure and somehow that spending money never works. They made a marked improvement, and should only get better. I know that I wouldn't overlook them.

It appears to me that they spent intelligently and had a good look at it before they failed miserably in this game (which could arguably be due to inexperience and just not being ready). 

Let's not get on a high horse and judge moves based off one year, or say that the overall plan was a failure because of some setbacks. Indeed, if winning championships on an annual basis is your only litmus test of success, then 31 teams fail every year.

6 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

First off, he isn't my boy. Secondly, if you're getting pie from nctarheel, you know you messed up. It's just funny how every thread devolves into an argument about gettleman now

Gettleman is fat, and arrogant.

Come at me bro.

Archived