• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavarres King catches TD in playoffs....

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Saca312 said:

I've been told they were making the Superbowl and that spending the most in free agency guaranteed a SuperBowl win.

Are you telling me that's not how football works?

Spending the most money in free agency never works out the way you want it. Most people who understand football know this 

57 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

We'll see. Chiefs are the most well rounded team in the league by far, with top 10 offense and defense. Very efficient on both sides and against the Steelers below average D will likely be able to control the clock and keep the ball away from the Steelers' big 3. Need to win the turnover battle as always, but they've done that all year and with Ben's aggressiveness will likely be able to capitalize on some of his riskier throws.

I don't trust KC in this situation.  Not at all. Steelers are too good with their 3.  But we shall see.  

6 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I don't trust KC in this situation.  Not at all. Steelers are too good with their 3.  But we shall see.  

Another thing to note is Big Ben has been a different player at home than when away the past few years.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it in the game thread...

The Giants spent a ridiculous amount of money in free agency this offseason going for a Super Bowl run.

This is what it got them.

And Packers have done pretty much exactly what DG does every year. Some differences but same philosophy of building through draft, keeping your core pieces and signing some lesser vet FAs to fill holes. 

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Another thing to note is Big Ben has been a different player at home than when away the past few years.

But Andy Reid is a different coach in the postseason vs the regular season too.

I'm pulling for the Chiefs but I'm wary, primarily for that reason.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

And Packers have done pretty much exactly what DG does every year. Some differences but same philosophy of building through draft, keeping your core pieces and signing some lesser vet FAs to fill holes. 

To be fair, if it wasn't for Aaron Rodgers they wouldn't be where they are.  Their O-Line is solid.  Their receivers are average, running game is awful, and their defense is trash.  So......unless Cam develops Rodgers tendencies.  DG can't do that.  

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I've been told they were making the Superbowl and that spending the most in free agency guaranteed a SuperBowl win.

Are you telling me that's not how football works?

But our way hasn't worked, either. In fact, our way has yet to produce a back to back winning season and saw us go from league best to trash can bad.

How does football work? Maybe, there's multiple ways to get to the super bowl. Sometimes you can get there by not spending a bunch of cash in free agency, and sometimes you get there by spending some cash. But, I don't think there's one set way of accomplishing the goal (like you make it seem like).

12 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

But our way hasn't worked, either. In fact, our way has yet to produce a back to back winning season and saw us go from league best to trash can bad.

How does football work? Maybe, there's multiple ways to get to the super bowl. Sometimes you can get there by not spending a bunch of cash in free agency, and sometimes you get there by spending some cash. But, I don't think there's one set way of accomplishing the goal (like you make it seem like).

Straight up.  There's more than one way to skin a cat.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it in the game thread...

The Giants spent a ridiculous amount of money in free agency this offseason going for a Super Bowl run.

This is what it got them.

But Denver spent money, and won it last year. More than one way to not only achieve a Super Bowl run, but win a Super Bowl. You, and many others make it seem like there's only one way to do it and spending a bunch of cash is bad. It's not bad if you spend a bunch of cap smartly. 

Just now, Kakarot said:

But Denver spent money, and won it last year. More than one way to not only achieve a Super Bowl run, but win a Super Bowl. You, and many others make it seem like there's only one way to do it and spending a bunch of cash is bad. It's not bad if you spend a bunch of cap smartly. 

There are multiple ways, but the way the Giants did it this season has been tried many times before and it fails more frequently than it succeeds.

You also have to consider whether you're satisfied with just getting to the Super Bowl one time or you want to be in contention on a regular basis. If you do, then throwing a load of cap into a single season isn't a smart move.

Archived