• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Free Agents and their rankings

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, ooglechi said:

How do people feel about bringing Cap back? I think he'd be an upgrade over Johnson and at the very least be good depth

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Would be a nice addition. He was a good slot corner and now that we have Bradberry and Worley we don't have to worry about putting him outside

6 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

In FA, give me:

DE Chandler Jones

From everything I've read it seems the Cardinals will put the tag on Jones if they can't get a deal done.

The Giants could even tag JPP still as well but I'm not sure how much cap space they got

53 minutes ago, Growl said:

both FA and the draft are stupendously deep at every single position of great weakness on theis team and if we don't walk into august with all of those positions seeing significant investment then shame on us.

Too bad that super deep draft class will all be taken before we pick 8th. 

purely based on these rankings, with our cap space, and draft position there really isn't any excuse not to make substantial improves this offseason.  With this FA ranking and draft position give me:

Team Needs: OL, DL, S, RB, FB, CB

Safety: Tony Jefferson or John Cyprien

OL: T Ricky Wagner

DL: JPP & Resign/Tag KK

DB: Captain Munnerlyn

Draft (not involving trades)

Round 1 Pick 8: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 8: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A-)
Round 3 Pick 8: Taylor Moton, OT/OG, Western Michigan (B+)
Round 4 Pick 8: Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 5 Pick 8: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 6 Pick 8: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)

Win Superb Owl. lol

47 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Jerome Felton, though older and slowing down, could be a cheaper option we could go for. Was still a big reason Buffalo had such success in the run game this year. 

Problem: Felton is literally useless in anything other than blocking, and we use fullbacks both as runners and receivers as well. We aren't going to change our entire offense just to use a pure blocking fullback - it will likely be a hybrid player akin to Tolbert.

3 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

any chance we sign Leveon Bell? loll 

none at all.. not a Carolina type guy, and will probably stay in Pittsburgh... plus this RB class is too strong in the draft... IIRC Bell's value is at about 9 million a year... lol that is way too much for a RB in a passing league... Give me Latavius Murray at around $3.5 million a year any day.

7 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Jordan Mills, Matt Kalil, Chance Warmack, Andre Branch, Devin Taylor, DJ Swearinger, Latavius Murray, and re-sign most of our own guys plz... This will set us up for going BPA at a position of need with all our draft picks.

Would also want Swearinger BUT Swearinger brings some of that Josh Norman energy/attitude (which we desperately missed) with him and I'm not so sure Gettleman is the type of guy that likes that stuff

42 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

In FA, give me:

DE Chandler Jones

SAF Jonathan Cyprien

one of Kenny Stills/Kendall Wright/Cordarelle Patterson 

FB James Develin.  

Franchise Short.  

Re-sign Remmers for backup, Johnson for nickel, CJ for cheap and see if you can get Addison back on a sweetheart deal... if not, let him go. 

Release Tolbert.  Try to restructure J.Stew to a 2 or 3 yr deal at a lower cap number....dude has already made his dough.

Draft Derek Barnett, D'Onta Foreman and trade 3rd rounder + 18 3rd rounder for Joe Thomas or Joe Staley, draft Jordan Leggett with our 3rd compensatory.

Superb Owl

I like many parts of your post.  I doubt we sign Chandler Jones due to his off the field concerns but you never know.

If the trade for Thomas/Staley becomes a necessity I don't want to give up a future 3rd round pick after already giving up a 4th for Lee and doubt we would.  I would give up 40 overall if they gave back a day 3 pick in return.  Maybe could still pick up a Tyquan Lewis, DE Ohio State in the middle rounds instead of Jones to pair with Barnett and take Perine or Gallman instead of Foreman to make it more realistic.  The salary required to tag Short, trade for the Joes, and sign Jones is too much, but can do two of the three.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I like Murray and wouldn't mind him at all and be able to draft other positions. That said, I still like Fournette a lot.

Oh, I'd rather Fournette. In fact, he's the only RB I would take at #8... Whoever we pick at #8 will likely count about the same amount as Murray would cost, though... So I guess it would be a matter of how the chips fall...

2 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Oh, I'd rather Fournette. In fact, he's the only RB I would take at #8... Whoever we pick at #8 will likely count about the same amount as Murray would cost, though... So I guess it would be a matter of how the chips fall...

Fournette is my 1b with Barnett.  If Fournette is the pick then Connor Barwin is an very strong salary cap cut possibly from the Eagles that would fit like a glove. I'd still want a young DE on day 2 as well.

Archived