• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dumpster Fire - San Francisco firing Chip Kelley and GM

Jeremy Igo

On 1/1/2017 at 4:43 PM, top dawg said:

Great point. I remember having much debate with @CarolinaCoolin about how Kelly was not the NFL savant that he believed that he was. Kelly has a modicum of success at the collegiate level, but he has never won championships in any capacity as a coach. He almost singlehandedly wrecked the Eagles, and had a key role in the train wreck this season.

This is all hot air. He built the ducks up from literally nothing, made it to one BCS game only losing to arguably the best collegiate QB in history and as soon as he left the Program he built they won College Football Championship.

Had two winning seasons with the eagles and got fired after not having a winning season in his third.

In San Francisco he is running a team that has been depleted with injuries and retirements and ZERO skill at the qb position. 

SF firing him after only one year is an indictment on how shitting the org is. They've been making browns level moves for four years straight now. 

39 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

This is all hot air. He built the ducks up from literally nothing, made it to one BCS game only losing to arguably the best collegiate QB in history and as soon as he left the Program he built they won College Football Championship.

Had two winning seasons with the eagles and got fired after not having a winning season in his third.

In San Francisco he is running a team that has been depleted with injuries and retirements and ZERO skill at the qb position. 

SF firing him after only one year is an indictment on how shitting the org is. They've been making browns level moves for four years straight now. 

Believe what you want. Kelly systematically transformed the Eagles from a contender to a pretender.

He did absolutely nothing in or for San Fran. No improvement whatsoever. And it's funny how a man who can obviously coach on any level, Jim Harbaugh, can take a team with "ZERO" talent at QB and make them and the team look so much better.

I'm so thankful that Chip didn't get anywhere near this franchise. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Believe what you want. Kelly systematically transformed the Eagles from a contender to a pretender.

He did absolutely nothing in or for the 49ers. No improvement whatsoever. And it's funny how a man who can obviously coach on any level, Jim Harbaugh, can take a team with "ZERO" talent at QB and make them and the team look so much better.

I'm so thankful that Chip didn't get anywhere near this franchise. 

Take your own advice. The Eagles hadn't been to the playoffs since 2010 before chip got them there. They weren't some stacked team. They had nick foles, Sanchez and mike Vick. He made nick foles an MVP candidate and a pro bowler. The minute they didn't have a winning season he got fired. It had more to do with the Eagles owner taking power back then him being a bad coach.

please tell me how any coach can make meaningful improvements to a team in one offseason? Teams can't fully grasp a system in one offseason. You are delusional if you think that's possible.

the 49er team harbaugh had was literally stacked with talent at every position on the field besides qb. Top 3 D, o line and running game. That's how his team won games and got lighting in a bottle with kaep to ride to a Super Bowl appearance.

this revisionist history bs you are peddling isn't fooling anymore

On 12/31/2016 at 9:38 PM, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Their spoiled man-child owner ran off a top 5 HC because he wouldn't kiss his ass. They deserve everything they get.

...yea... i'm not a fan of Harbaugh but he had them relevant and ready to dominate....how big of a dumbass do you have to be to fk that up.

57 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

Take your own advice. The Eagles hadn't been to the playoffs since 2010 before chip got them there. They weren't some stacked team. They had nick foles, Sanchez and mike Vick. He made nick foles an MVP candidate and a pro bowler. The minute they didn't have a winning season he got fired. It had more to do with the Eagles owner taking power back then him being a bad coach.

please tell me how any coach can make meaningful improvements to a team in one offseason? Teams can't fully grasp a system in one offseason. You are delusional if you think that's possible.

the 49er team harbaugh had was literally stacked with talent at every position on the field besides qb. Top 3 D, o line and running game. That's how his team won games and got lighting in a bottle with kaep to ride to a Super Bowl appearance.

this revisionist history bs you are peddling isn't fooling anymore

You trying to still sell Kelly as  an NFL HC is that which isn't fooling anyone. 

When Kelly took over, he had a decent core that Andy put together, went about dismantling it and fumbling over inferior personnel the next couple of years and got run out of town. 

I didn't say anything about him turning a dumpster fire around in a season, what I said is that he did absolutely nothing in his stay in Frisco. He didn't materially improve the personnel, or the culture in any way. It's like he wasn't even there. He sucked!

Thank God he wasn't up for consideration in Charlotte.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

You trying to still sell Kelly as  an NFL HC is that which isn't fooling anyone. 

When Kelly took over, he had a decent core that Andy put together, went about dismantling it and fumbling over inferior personnel the next couple of years and got run out of town. 

I didn't say anything about him turning a dumpster fire around in a season, what I said is that he did absolutely nothing in his stay in Frisco. He didn't materially improve the personnel, or the culture in any way. It's like he wasn't even there. He sucked!

Thank God he wasn't up for consideration in Charlotte.

It's almost like you had this opinion about him before he even started and held it until it was "confirmed" 

the funny thing is he has had more success in the NFL since he started coaching then a host of other HC's you probably deem "NFL HC's" 

its also funny he's done this with literally no franchise qb at his disposal. He's been to the playoffs and had winning seasons with qbs like foles, Sanchez, Vick, kaep, and gabbert. A who's who lost of underachievers. 

What do you purpose a coach do to turn around dumpster fire in one season? You can only coach the talent you have and the 49ers these season were like Baghdad, literally depleted. 

Thank god people like you are only allowed to watch football and have no impact on an actual team. You'd be ran out of town quicker than the people you think you know more than

14 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

It's almost like you had this opinion about him before he even started and held it until it was "confirmed" 

the funny thing is he has had more success in the NFL since he started coaching then a host of other HC's you probably deem "NFL HC's" 

its also funny he's done this with literally no franchise qb at his disposal. He's been to the playoffs and had winning seasons with qbs like foles, Sanchez, Vick, kaep, and gabbert. A who's who lost of underachievers. 

What do you purpose a coach do to turn around dumpster fire in one season? You can only coach the talent you have and the 49ers these season were like Baghdad, literally depleted. 

Thank god people like you are only allowed to watch football and have no impact on an actual team. You'd be ran out of town quicker than the people you think you know more than

Sure!

No BS, if I had the power........ I'd fire Shula and hire chip in a nano second. thinking of the possibilities O my gawd!!!!!!

Once I had chip signed sealed, I'd give shula a heads up that he should take a different job if it comes up( to save face.)

Archived