• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dumpster Fire - San Francisco firing Chip Kelley and GM

Jeremy Igo

32 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

49ers have never had any sort of long term success since the salary cap. Poor Debartelo couldn't buy Lombardis anymore and then he was banned from the League for the gambling scheme. 

Still can't believe Goodell allowed the felon Debartelo into the HOF. What a disgrace.

Bottom line, continued failure San Fransico, love it.

Before the salary cap there were no free agents so how did they buy Lombardis? They had to draft or trade for everyone before that.

that's the only reason i'm hesitant to make any changes to our coaching staff. 

continuity is key, high turnover is usually a sign of failure. In all honesty, as much as I hated Rivera and Shula this year, given the two rookie corners and injuries to almost our entire offensive line, it was tough to mimic what we did last year.

I'm willing to give everyone a 2nd chance and see what happens. They've proven they can win and win in the playoffs. I think one more year is fair to all parties given the circumstances

1 minute ago, Kevin Greene said:

You think players never switched teams pre salary cap?

No I don't. However player movement was very limited prior to free agency. It's why they brought it to court. I'm not sure which players the 49ers bought during their dynasty. Im genuinely curious. I suppose they could have traded in such a way that they acquired high priced players and that could work.

27 minutes ago, csx said:

Before the salary cap there were no free agents so how did they buy Lombardis? They had to draft or trade for everyone before that.

The 9ers paid everybody not to leave. The are the main reason for the salary cap. What is  Superteams of the 80's, Alex.

23 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

that's the only reason i'm hesitant to make any changes to our coaching staff. 

continuity is key, high turnover is usually a sign of failure. In all honesty, as much as I hated Rivera and Shula this year, given the two rookie corners and injuries to almost our entire offensive line, it was tough to mimic what we did last 

Fair but if Rivera wants to see Cam and the offense "evolve" why not interview other coaches on how they would fix the offense and then compare it with Shula's plan. The offense that Shula has been running with Cam the last four years will no longer work. 

17 minutes ago, Jangler said:

The 9ers paid everybody not to leave. The are the main reason for the salary cap. What is  Superteams of the 80's, Alex.

I think the salary cap was created to make free agency work.

The 90s Niners just decided to say fug it let's win as much now as possible and keep kicking the can to win some more titles. Those pre free agency and cap 80s teams were home grown. It's 2 different things pretty and post. They did so well building in the 80s

How would they have left? Honest question.

Archived