• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamal Adams - LSU Safety

Jeremy Igo

I like Adams.. he is the SS this team has been lacking. Hooker definitely has more ball skills and range, but he is more flashy than he is with his overall technique. Adams just seems to have it all.

Hooker has his flaws. Per PFF, he missed a tackle every 6.5 attempts, good for 135th out of 242 qualifying safeties in the nation. That won't work on this defense..

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

You lost me here. 

Seattle Atlanta and 30 other teams in this league would beg to differ. 

You think Earl Thomas and Chancellor are interchangable?  If so you havnt watched much football.

Keanu Neal at FS, ha

Reggie Nelson at SS?  thatd be Horrible,

Landon Collins at FS?  Kid covers worse than Boston but is a heckuva SS closer to the box

Roman Harper at FS? thatd be as bad as the Nakamura Sh!t show.

Calvin Pryor at FS?  Kid cant play FS save his life but a damn good SS and was drafted for that reason.  Had he played FS he wouldnt been drafted

Quinton Demps at FS    smh

Heck even go look at our own Coleman.  Dude was one of the top safeties in the league last year.  

Then move on to this year, hes been average if even that when slid over to SS.

I can go on and on

You can go on and on.  Saying SS and FS is interchangable.  He11 OG and OTs are interchangable by that point,  they can play there (see trai turner at OT and Williams at OG)  but doesnt mean they really are interchangable.

DT and DE, KK plays out at end some.  Hardy moved inside some, doesnt mean theyre interchangable.

Oh my gosh another Growl's law appearance, its my lucky day.

Here's a great quote from Deonne Bucannon:

"What I've been told is that it doesn't really matter what (safety) position you play, you're playing both regardless," he said. "They shift the tight end and you roll down and roll back. Offensive coordinators are so good these days. If you can only play one side, you're not going to last long because they are going to exploit you. There's really no such thing as a free or strong safety (anymore)."

You're still operating under the generic assumption of SS=PLAYS RUN FS=PLAYS PASS in a league that has left the notion behind. The league is too dynamic and using all around awful roman Harper as an example only reinforces the point. If you're going to be one dimensional, you better be able to play the pass. An ideal Safety-the kind you take at #8-excels at both. Its been speculated that the term "strong" and "free" are literally disappearing inside some NFL staffs. That's interchangeable.

17 minutes ago, Growl said:

Oh my gosh another Growl's law appearance, its my lucky day.

Here's a great quote from Deonne Bucannon:

"What I've been told is that it doesn't really matter what (safety) position you play, you're playing both regardless," he said. "They shift the tight end and you roll down and roll back. Offensive coordinators are so good these days. If you can only play one side, you're not going to last long because they are going to exploit you. There's really no such thing as a free or strong safety (anymore)."

You're still operating under the generic assumption of SS=PLAYS RUN FS=PLAYS PASS in a league that has left the notion behind. The league is too dynamic and using all around awful roman Harper as an example only reinforces the point. If you're going to be one dimensional, you better be able to play the pass. An ideal Safety-the kind you take at #8-excels at both. Its been speculated that the term "strong" and "free" are literally disappearing inside some NFL staffs. That's interchangeable.

Not saying SS is just the run and FS just plays the pass.  More or less one plays deep and the other short  

SS is closer to the box.  Helps more out on blitzes, run support more so than a FS lined back and down field, helps on short passes, crossing screens etc.  A hawker or FS is just sitting back.  MAYBE in a straight cover 2 where both are lined up beside each other you could say this, besides that no.

We dont play that stright up cover 2.  Look at the blitzes (which Coleman has struggled tremendously)  sniffing out short out routes in CB support,  etc

Go ask Pete Carrol if the positioms are interchangable and hed laugh at you.  No fughing way can you swap Chancelor and Thomas.  

No fugging way Keanu Neal is the same player at FS.  We all laughed when the Falcons jumped on him in the first because he was GARBAGE in coverage coming out.  Thing is he was solid Closer up at SS.

Landon Collins looked like awasted pick until really utilized and moved to SS where he is a probowler now.  He didnt blowup just because he got that much better. He just is in a different position SS.

Again I can use Coleman example for days.  Last year he was down field roaming the whole game.   This year hes up closer, blitzing more.  Up more in run support. Up sniffing screens and short passes.  The Atlanta game this year you Never saw him down field on deeppassses, you saw him up close .    What Changed?..........................Hes at SS not FS now.

Heck some questioned if Shaq was going to play SS or OLB, same with the prospect Cravens last year.  You honestly think Shaq could play FS hawking down the field?  Get the fug outta here

42 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Not saying SS is just the run and FS just plays the pass.  More or less one plays deep and the other short  

SS is closer to the box.  Helps more out on blitzes, run support more so than a FS lined back and down field, helps on short passes, crossing screens etc.  A hawker or FS is just sitting back.  MAYBE in a straight cover 2 where both are lined up beside each other you could say this, besides that no.

We dont play that stright up cover 2.  Look at the blitzes (which Coleman has struggled tremendously)  sniffing out short out routes in CB support,  etc

Go ask Pete Carrol if the positioms are interchangable and hed laugh at you.  No fughing way can you swap Chancelor and Thomas.  

No fugging way Keanu Neal is the same player at FS.  We all laughed when the Falcons jumped on him in the first because he was GARBAGE in coverage coming out.  Thing is he was solid Closer up at SS.

Landon Collins looked like awasted pick until really utilized and moved to SS where he is a probowler now.  He didnt blowup just because he got that much better. He just is in a different position SS.

Again I can use Coleman example for days.  Last year he was down field roaming the whole game.   This year hes up closer, blitzing more.  Up more in run support. Up sniffing screens and short passes.  The Atlanta game this year you Never saw him down field on deeppassses, you saw him up close .    What Changed?..........................Hes at SS not FS now.

Heck some questioned if Shaq was going to play SS or OLB, same with the prospect Cravens last year.  You honestly think Shaq could play FS hawking down the field?  Get the fug outta here

I'm not sure why you're so dedicated to naming players which run so contrary to your point. Earl Thomas is the exact archetype of the modern Safety movement. He is the exact centerpiece of it. He could come here and very effectively play any safety spot. Keanu Neal is another terrible example, because one of the central arguments in favor of him last offseason to violate the old "Safeties don't have 1st round value" narrative was that he could play both Safety spots. His range and closing speed at his size was the draw.

Guest Lasus83
Jeebus. I guess the word is out. He won't last very long. We will need to trade up to get him and hells bells I'd be okay with that. Can't see him getting by the bears. But then again Jonathan Allen could be their pick. Foxy needs an interior d in Chicago. I can't honestly see anyone listening to our offers. 

We are not trading up for Barnett. There's too much talent to be had at 8

The way this draft is falling we're going to get a talented player at 8 no matter what

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived