• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamal Adams - LSU Safety

Jeremy Igo

Adams doesn't even look like the best Safety in this class. To call him a generational player is insane.

This is one of the best CB classes ever, and it doesn't seem likely that two Safeties will go in the Top 10 given the history of the position. I think Adams is probably poised for a small fall. Top12 or 14-ish unless he bests Hooker at the combine.

Hooker is a true deep roamer. Adams played an enormous amount of time up in the box as an additional LB. There's a definite preference for the former over the latter in today's NFL.

37 minutes ago, Growl said:

Adams doesn't even look like the best Safety in this class. To call him a generational player is insane.

This is one of the best CB classes ever, and it doesn't seem likely that two Safeties will go in the Top 10 given the history of the position. I think Adams is probably poised for a small fall. Top12 or 14-ish unless he bests Hooker at the combine.

Hooker is a true deep roamer. Adams played an enormous amount of time up in the box as an additional LB. There's a definite preference for the former over the latter in today's NFL.

You havnt seen to much of Adams.  He doesnt line up "in the box" any more than any SS out there.  Kid has range and flies all over the field for the tackle.  He reads the QB better than most SS and has ball skills.  He isnt getting comparisons of Eric Berry, Bigger More physical Mathieu, and little less athletic Sean Taylor for no reason.  Kid legit

YES Hooker Is a true deep roamer.  But so is Coleman.  How quickly people forget him, dude was #2 and led all Safeties in Ints last year.  Coleman is a Roamer but with no true SS he has been a weak point at SS.   Rather than have him there as a weak point when he has proven he can be a top tier FS.  Put him back and have a strong FS and strong SS.  Id say having 2 solid probowlers at safety is better than 1 all-pro FS and one of the weakest SS in the conference back there

I'd rather have hooker,  Coleman can handle either safety position.  Just thinking he was trying to play both positions because of the incompetency beside him.  I would be fine with either but I like the combo of Coleman and hooker better.  Do we really need a big time in the box safety with the linebackers we have? Coleman is sufficient enough at stopping the run with Luke, td and shaq in front of him. 

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

You havnt seen to much of Adams.  He doesnt line up "in the box" any more than any SS out there.  Kid has range and flies all over the field for the tackle.  He reads the QB better than most SS and has ball skills.  He isnt getting comparisons of Eric Berry, Bigger More physical Mathieu, and little less athletic Sean Taylor for no reason.  Kid legit

YES Hooker Is a true deep roamer.  But so is Coleman.  How quickly people forget him, dude was #2 and led all Safeties in Ints last year.  Coleman is a Roamer but with no true SS he has been a weak point at SS.   Rather than have him there as a weak point when he has proven he can be a top tier FS.  Put him back and have a strong FS and strong SS.  Id say having 2 solid probowlers at safety is better than 1 all-pro FS and one of the weakest SS in the conference back there

Hey look another Growl's Law appearance.

I've actually watched him extensively, and you're keying in on two "positions," anachronisms in a league where the line between the two has blurred into a point where they are virtually indistinguishable and almost always interchangeable. 

1 hour ago, Growl said:

a league where the line between the two has blurred into a point where they are virtually indistinguishable and almost always interchangeable. 

You lost me here. 

Seattle Atlanta and 30 other teams in this league would beg to differ. 

You think Earl Thomas and Chancellor are interchangable?  If so you havnt watched much football.

Keanu Neal at FS, ha

Reggie Nelson at SS?  thatd be Horrible,

Landon Collins at FS?  Kid covers worse than Boston but is a heckuva SS closer to the box

Roman Harper at FS? thatd be as bad as the Nakamura Sh!t show.

Calvin Pryor at FS?  Kid cant play FS save his life but a damn good SS and was drafted for that reason.  Had he played FS he wouldnt been drafted

Quinton Demps at FS    smh

Heck even go look at our own Coleman.  Dude was one of the top safeties in the league last year.  

Then move on to this year, hes been average if even that when slid over to SS.

I can go on and on

You can go on and on.  Saying SS and FS is interchangable.  He11 OG and OTs are interchangable by that point,  they can play there (see trai turner at OT and Williams at OG)  but doesnt mean they really are interchangable.

DT and DE, KK plays out at end some.  Hardy moved inside some, doesnt mean theyre interchangable.

1 hour ago, Salisburysean98 said:

Barnett is a crapshoot? Really? 

Boggles the mind.  More sacks in 3 years than Reggie White and Von Miller had in 4 and people would rather have Delaire and Horton or pay big $$$ to a guy that blew off his own hand.  Even more sacks than the "sure thing"!

Guest Lasus83
Boggles the mind.  More sacks in 3 years than Reggie White and Von Miller had in 4 and people would rather have Delaire and Horton or pay big $$$ to a guy that blew off his own hand.  Even more sacks than the "sure thing"!

Barnett may be the best DL player in this years draft.

Dude plays with heart

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

18 minutes ago, Nails said:

A mock this week had him at #2 overall to San Fran.  Sucks we still have months to find out.

Jeebus. I guess the word is out. He won't last very long. We will need to trade up to get him and hells bells I'd be okay with that. Can't see him getting by the bears. But then again Jonathan Allen could be their pick. Foxy needs an interior d in Chicago. I can't honestly see anyone listening to our offers. 

Archived