• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamal Adams - LSU Safety

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I want Cook.......not sure why you thought OT. Cannot rely on Stewart to stay healthy. It has not worked so far. 

If you look at Cook's style of play, he benefits from getting holes in the o-line. He's not a power back, and he won't work out well in our rugged offense. Plus his fumbling issues are a huge question mark -  I just don't see him doing well in our offense. 

Considering the fact we don't have a true starting SS, I'd rather have Jamal Adams than him.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php

Cook suffers from some weird fumbles and ball-security issues that he needs to fix - see his fumble versus Ole Miss - and lost two fumbles against Syracuse.

While he isn't the biggest of backs, he has functional power to charge through some tackles from linebackers and defensive backs. 

Reason I thought you meant that was "help for Cam" was typified as "OT" according to most Huddlers.

Anyhow, I think this RB class is deep, and we'd get a quality RB from the 2nd round around our pick.

Consider this guy, D'onta Foreman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000736268/article/dare-to-compare-nfl-comp-for-texas-rb-donta-foreman

He looks just like a younger version of Jonathan Stewart. In fact, that's what he's normally compared to.

He's quick, physical, and a great pass blocker. He breaks tackles, he cuts, and he's huge. I would do anything to make sure we grab him in the second - many mocks predict that's where he'll land. He's around our shooting range too, and I expect we take a huge swing for him.

6 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

If you look at Cook's style of play, he benefits from getting holes in the o-line. He's not a power back, and he won't work out well in our rugged offense. Plus his fumbling issues are a huge question mark -  I just don't see him doing well in our offense. 

Considering the fact we don't have a true starting SS, I'd rather have Jamal Adams than him.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php

Reason I thought you meant that was "help for Cam" was typified as "OT" according to most Huddlers.

Anyhow, I think this RB class is deep, and we'd get a quality RB from the 2nd round around our pick.

Consider this guy, D'onta Foreman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000736268/article/dare-to-compare-nfl-comp-for-texas-rb-donta-foreman

He looks just like a younger version of Jonathan Stewart. In fact, that's what he's normally compared to.

He's quick, physical, and a great pass blocker. He breaks tackles, he cuts, and he's huge. I would do anything to make sure we grab him in the second - many mocks predict that's where he'll land. He's around our shooting range too, and I expect we take a huge swing for him.

Though I disagreed with your thoughts I respect them. Just feel like we are ignoring the offense and putting way too much on Cam. To each their own though and have a great night celebrating the beginning of a new year. 

3 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I really want Adams in a Panthers uni.  Even if we end up picking #7, I have a feeling Adams doesn't make it to us.  He is the real deal and fits us like a glove. Fits a top-3 need, physical, athletic, strong, plays the run, instinctual, prototypical physical specimen and drawing comparisons to Eric Berry (I've even seen a Sean Taylor comp).  

Adams is the Myles Garrett of this year's secondary class. If he's there, and we don't take him, I will question DG big time.

3 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I'm not a fan of tossing in the towel in order to get a better draft pick, but I too could care less about winning tomorrow.  

I feel like if we sit all of our hurt players (Luke, Cam, CJ, etc.) and play hard, we won't beat a Tampa team with a small flicker of playoff hope on their homefield.  

Watch in classic Ron Rivera/Panthers style all of the other teams that we needed to win in order to get to #7 in the draft all win..... but we also win, and end up #9 and Adams goes 7 or 8.  

I just love these two statements. Not sure why, but they tickle me. So thanks for that. And Happy New Year to you.

I'm gonna say this now, Malik Hooker may be the best overall safety in the eyes of drafters. He just nabbed an interception from Watson, and looking quite well.

Luckily for us, he's a FS. He may go before Jamal Adams, and we get a true SS. 

10 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I'm gonna say this now, Malik Hooker may be the best overall safety in the eyes of drafters. He just nabbed an interception from Watson, and looking quite well.

Luckily for us, he's a FS. He may go before Jamal Adams, and we get a true SS. 

But wouldn't having two FS belike having two point guards? Two guys that can roam, willing to make plays, and just causing havoc? I hate how OSU guys get so over rated.

Archived