• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamal Adams - LSU Safety

Jeremy Igo

I really want Adams in a Panthers uni.  Even if we end up picking #7, I have a feeling Adams doesn't make it to us.  He is the real deal and fits us like a glove. Fits a top-3 need, physical, athletic, strong, plays the run, instinctual, prototypical physical specimen and drawing comparisons to Eric Berry (I've even seen a Sean Taylor comp).  

Adams is the Myles Garrett of this year's secondary class. If he's there, and we don't take him, I will question DG big time.

I'm not a fan of tossing in the towel in order to get a better draft pick, but I too could care less about winning tomorrow.  

I feel like if we sit all of our hurt players (Luke, Cam, CJ, etc.) and play hard, we won't beat a Tampa team with a small flicker of playoff hope on their homefield.  

Watch in classic Ron Rivera/Panthers style all of the other teams that we needed to win in order to get to #7 in the draft all win..... but we also win, and end up #9 and Adams goes 7 or 8.  

6 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I really want Adams in a Panthers uni.  Even if we end up picking #7, I have a feeling Adams doesn't make it to us.  He is the real deal and fits us like a glove. Fits a top-3 need, physical, athletic, strong, plays the run, instinctual, prototypical physical specimen and drawing comparisons to Eric Berry (I've even seen a Sean Taylor comp).  

Adams is the Myles Garrett of this year's secondary class. If he's there, and we don't take him, I will question DG big time.

Taylor and Berry were much better athletes.......But again adams has possibly the best insticts for a Safety and that BIG for zone Defense where DB being in position is Huge.  Plus his leadship can help line up the other dbs much like you see Luke lining up the front 7

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Taylor and Berry were much better athletes.......But again adams has possibly the best insticts for a Safety and that BIG for zone Defense where DB being in position is Huge.  Plus his leadship can help line up the other dbs much like you see Luke lining up the front 7

So maybe more along the lines of Eric Weddle?

6 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

So maybe more along the lines of Eric Weddle?

Yeah but better athlete.  Dont get me wrong he is a good athlete (thus the reason in the article i posted above they compared him to Mathieu)  but Taylor had Peppers type athletic ability and Berry not far behind.  Id say you mix Weddle+Mathieu with Thomas Davis Leadship and lockerroom leadership and you get Adams

You look at Luke and there are Freaks out there more athletic then him who are combine warriors but his instincts put him over everyone.  Adams isnt going to run a 4.2 or4.3 but may be a 4.45 but always in posistion/reads defenses like books, and helps teammates see where to go

3 hours ago, Cyberjag said:

He won't be around when we pick. One of the things that makes him so great is his situational awareness and ability to line the secondary up.  He would indeed be a day one starter, and would give us the leader in the secondary we need.  Likely will go to TN or San Diego.

I love Fournette, but Adams is the LSU player I would rather have on the Panthers.

You do realize 2 of our top 3 DEs are free agents this year.  Depending on what happens it could be our biggest need.

Personally Im hoping that we take care of DE in FA and Adams falls to us. After that try to find the best 3 out of 4 out of TE,DE,OT, and RB in the next 3 picks.

Not many people are talking about it but I would also look at a PR/KR type in that range.  Could be either slot type receiver or small running back.  Curtis Samuel from Ohio state would be tempting, he just might go higher then we want to spend though.

11 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

And ignore help for Cam in another draft. Keep giving him undrafted players and second rate Free Agents..........it is what it is.

Cam Robinson is no different than Mike Remmers - can't stop speed rushers.

Then again, it seems like you know an all-pro OT that'll come from this draft.

C'mon, we wanna know!

So are we ok to make posts about the draft now? Ive seen a lot but wasn't sure and didn't wanna flood the board or something.

Anyways, Yeah Ive seen adams for a while now and I think he's a better safety than peppers. If we decide to go the safety route I am sure adams would come in and help the D. Adams coleman, brad berry and Worley should be a pretty nice secondary next year. 

Best of all, he should be available at our pick (as of now)

32 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Cam Robinson is no different than Mike Remmers - can't stop speed rushers.

Then again, it seems like you know an all-pro OT that'll come from this draft.

C'mon, we wanna know!

I want Cook.......not sure why you thought OT. Cannot rely on Stewart to stay healthy. It has not worked so far. 

Archived