• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamal Adams - LSU Safety

Jeremy Igo

Probabky the best range for Adams is really pick 7-18, depending on the mocks you're looking at.

I usually look at the ones that don't say the Panthers get a corner/OT in the first, because those usually don't do their homework. 

I've seen multiple mocks that say we get Barnett or Adams. 

10 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

@Jeremy Igo what would you think if the first part of the draft went like this:

1st round: S Jamal Adams; DE Derek Barnett (if we get a vet S thru FA)

2nd round: RB D'onta Foreman

3rd round: TE Jordan Leggett

Compensatory: Good looking potential OT

That's exactly the way I want the draft to go. Adams/Foreman/Leggett

Foreman runs so much like Stew and he has the pass blocking ability that CAP can't grasp 

Just now, joeyxfresco said:

That's exactly the way I want the draft to go. Adams/Foreman/Leggett

Foreman runs so much like Stew and he has the pass blocking ability that CAP can't grasp 

I honestly think we can wait a year to go for a DE. These are our pressing needs that need to be shut quick right now.

A RB of the future, a starting safety, and a TE of the future can be acquired from this draft, imho.

1 minute ago, jumpman910 said:

If we picked like 6/7 it would be perfect realistic to get Adams in the 1st and Taco in the 2nd 

Not picking at 6.  Need to lose, the Bengals to ask for heart like the Tin Man that they are, and the Chargers to win the last game ever in San Diego over the favored Chiefs to even pick 7.

Hey guys, when this guy gets picked ahead of where we are let's remember our moral victories against the chargers and josh norman and the redskins.  Because next year, when we are complaining about the safety play that's hurting our team and costing us games, those two victories will provide us the solace we need (sarcasm).

9 minutes ago, Nails said:

Not picking at 6.  Need to lose, the Bengals to ask for heart like the Tin Man that they are, and the Chargers to win the last game ever in San Diego over the favored Chiefs to even pick 7.

Oh that was only a hypothetical because I don't think we can mathematically pick that low 

100% this is the kid we need.

Jeremy is right.  Outside of Garrett there really isnt a DE worth a top 10 pick.  Barnett is a Great pass rusher.  Thing is a 4-3 DE is required to do much more as in control the line in run support.  Barnett is better suited for a 3-4 OLB, reminds me of a young Demarcus Ware.  Taco, Walker, and Thomas will be there rounds 2-3 and will be good fits.

Adams is a Beast.  I'll say it, he has Luke like instincts from the Safety position.  Kid is Smart and a Leader.  He's probably one the only Safeties out the who calls the plays for the defense (most MLBs do it, see Luke for us).  We play Zone D, so Fundamentals are Huge making sure your in the right position makes or breaks the D. Move Coleman back to center field rangy FS and throw Adams into the secondary at SS and this D will change day and night

Archived