• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamal Adams - LSU Safety

Jeremy Igo

I like Adams game a lot more than Hookers for how we are currently set up. We need an enforcer at the safety spot. It'll allow Coleman to go back to ball hawking. It'll let Shaq roam a little bit. We'll essentially have three guys at all times who can match up on the league's best TEs. I also think that Adams at least looks like he has better ball skills than a guy like Chancellor. He's much more Eric Berry to me. Put him on this D with what we currently have (plus a FA pass rusher) and we'll be a top 5 defense again. 

Hooker looks dynamic as well but he seems much more like a rangy ball hawk type safety. Not as much of an enforcer. We already have Coleman, Bradberry back there. I want someone who's going to hit somebody. 

There's a lot of time between now and the draft, but I hope most of The Huddle can warm up to Jamal Adams not being a Panther unless we trade up.  IMO, he is going to top 5, if not, he won't make it past SD at 7.

Love Adams and my favorite player outside of Garrett in this draft. Wish we can draft him, but I just don't see it happening.

It depends on what you are looking for. I'm pretty sure we are set with Coleman and would prefer he play free safety. Hooker might be the better ball hawk but watching the Clemson game his tackling is noticably bad. I think Adam's would be of better use to our defense 

4 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Berry is a box safety too. I don't care what you say. Any Chief fan will tell you that. Your point is meaningless. Chancellor goes sideline to sideline too. I guess y'all haven't watched him pawn our WRs on sweeps or obliterate athletic TEs like Vernon Davis on post routes?

Hooker is Earl Thomas because of two major differences:

1.) He's a ballhawk

2.) His ability to play centerfield 

Adams isn't a ballhawk nor does he play centerfield.

Adams is closer to Berry than anyone, but his intensity and fearlessness in the box is about the same as Earl Thomas. 

Thomas has great range but he isn't as much a ballhawker as everyone making him out to be. He's so much different than Ed Reed. Ed Reed was a ballhawker true center fielder. Thomas is a guy that will come and crush you on those inside routes. 

Archived