• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera wants to see Cam Newton, offense evolve

Ace_Aladdin

I'd like to see Rivera evolve from the same chicken poo, knuckle dragging,  coat tails of his stars riding, buck passing, excuse making, only let the "riverboat" out of dry dock when his job's on the line, stoic wannabe head coach he's been since he got here into something resembling a head coach of the 21st century. 

13 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I don't have problems drafting lineman but I do have problems when you start them instead of using them for depth while they develop their NFL body and refine their technique. Almost all rookies struggle which given the rookie pay scale doesn't require you to start them. You have plenty of money to sign veterans.

Well we would have Kalil to train him, but last year's OL have been pretty successful as rookies

Decker

Conklin

Tunsil

etc

2 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Well we would have Kalil to train him, but last year's OL have been pretty successful as rookies

Decker

Conklin

Tunsil

etc

You can always find examples for whatever you want to prove just like I can find rookies who struggled. If you bring in one rookie to start and surround them with vets and the whole group stays healthy you can often succeed. But most rookies are used to a shorter season in college and going against a few elite players a year. In the NfL it is a 20 game season with preseason at a minimum and they go up against tough competition every week. They usually take half a season to learn the position and often break down at some point physically. Again with the rookie salary structure there is no reason to start a rookie until he is ready. At least on a team that is supposed to be a contender.

Archived