• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mario Addison the Panthers best DE?

Jeremy Igo

He's our best pass rushing and speed DE. He leads the teams with sacks.

Now, question is if he can play with pure power in the run game, which is why I can see the coaches only using him situationally.

But he better be resigned. Also, @Jeremy Igo you doing coaches film this week? Would like to see how some plays went and gone, whatever opportunities were missed, and how our corners did overall.

Ealy you still keep because hes under a cheap rookie contract  for 1 more year even if hes just a 4th string guy.  If you can get CJ back cheap, you get him because you need a vet.  If Addison can get a reasonable deal done get him.  Need 4 DEs so 1 FA 1 draft.  FA class is pretty weak for 4-3 DE.   only other reasonable cheaper guy I like is Alex Okafor for Arizona

Just now, ncfan said:

Ealy you still keep because hes under a cheap rookie contract even if hes just a 4th string guy.  If you can get CJ back cheap, you get him because you need a vet.  If Addison can get a reasonable deal done get him.  Need 4 DEs so 1 FA 1 draft.  FA class is pretty weak for 4-3 DE.   only other reasonable cheaper guy I like is Alex Okafor for Arizona

Keep Horton for run support. He's honestly really good at that area from what I'm seeing. I think the DE position issue isn't as bad as everyone thought it'd be.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Keep Horton for run support. He's honestly really good at that area from what I'm seeing. I think the DE position issue isn't as bad as everyone thought it'd be.

Your still going to need to get 1 or 2.  Ealy, doubt we wont keep after his rookie contact end after next year.   CJ even if re signed doubt has 2 years left in him.  

Need to draft 1 to groom for when these guys leave can step right in.  And a FA weather it be Addison or another guy.

Though we have tons of players that are better, career wise, he has been a top 5 player on our team, THIS YEAR.

Short, Cam, Kuechly, Davis, Olsen, Funchess, Shaq, etc.

He has been consistently good. Only other consistently good I can think of, off the top of my head is Olsen.

Our stars have been hurt or inconsistent, for sure.

1 minute ago, Ra's Al Ghul said:

Though we have tons of players that are better, career wise, he has been a top 5 player on our team, THIS YEAR.

Short, Cam, Kuechly, Davis, Olsen, Funchess, Shaq, etc.

He has been consistently good. Only other consistently good I can think of, off the top of my head is Olsen.

Our stars have been hurt or inconsistent, for sure.

Lotulelei?

Archived