• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summing up the 2016 Panthers Season in a single photo...

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

This is the unions oppertunity to get back at the NFL for publicizing information about players potentially going on suspension, on suspension but still in a grievance. Which is written in the CBA that during a grievance it cannot be made public but the NFL has ignored. 

As you said, continued player safety is of the most importance. The panthers need to push that not with the league but with the union. 

I agree.

I just disagree that the union will do anything or even cares any more than the league about "players health".

Now will they use "players health" as leverage for more money and better contracts?  Sure they will.  But the move will be all about money and not "health".

6 hours ago, pstall said:

It's not a diabolical plot. It would have surfaced by now.

The team sucks and got no bounces or calls. It happens.

Stop crying and hand wringing like a jilted teen.

For all the non calls there are 5 self inflicted wounds.

Just stop. 

I know what you're saying and don't totally disagree.  You can't set back and not think there is something to it.  Even the commentators are speaking out on the no calls.

7 hours ago, Saca312 said:

You made that account in 2008. You began talking when the Falcons were actually relevant.

Come back to me when you get 3 straight division champs in the Cam Newton Era

Or, you could, you know, be a grown-up about it and talk about it.

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I don't disagree with this. He is a floppin' master and perhaps the refs did decide to teach him a lesson. However headshots should not be allowed. This isn't CounterStrike, Quake or Unreal. 

I didn't mean to imply that he deserves it. And I agree that he has taken some shots that should've been called. (Denver game exhibit A.) But  I also think that many of the "cheap shots" being discussed by some fans and analysts aren't as violent as some profess to be. And while I know that level of damage or violence determine whether it's a penalty or not - although I believe it should be a consideration - I would suggest that what is happening is, as baseball stats people like to say, a regression to the mean.

11 hours ago, mwjr said:
  1. Cam has spent the past 5 years flopping his way to phantom personal fouls that garners him and his team plenty of 15-yard advantages.
  2. The offensive line may very well be part of the problem, but Cam Newton's fundamentals are horrific. Unless he fixes those, he will always be prone to mistakes when the line breaks down or his receivers are less-than-stellar. It's the same thing that plagued Michael Vick.
  3. Refs aren't the reason for the Panthers' woes. There is no conspiracy. They're just terrible this year.

Uhh....did you not see that stat where he's only had like 3 roughing the passer calls in the last five years??!??

59 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Uhh....did you not see that stat where he's only had like 3 roughing the passer calls in the last five years??!??

Yeah, that post was immediately irrelevant based on that fact.. just another falcon fan that has waited three long years to be relevant

On December 25, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Saca312 said:

You made that account in 2008. You began talking when the Falcons were actually relevant.

Come back to me when you get 3 straight division champs in the Cam Newton Era

Holy cow. I just saw that you made your account this year - January 2016?!

So, please - tell me all about the pre-Cam Newton era?

Archived