• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summing up the 2016 Panthers Season in a single photo...

Jeremy Igo

1. Cam has spent the past 5 years flopping his way to phantom personal fouls that garners him and his team plenty of 15-yard advantages.
  2. The offensive line may very well be part of the problem, but Cam Newton's fundamentals are horrific. Unless he fixes those, he will always be prone to mistakes when the line breaks down or his receivers are less-than-stellar. It's the same thing that plagued Michael Vick.
  3. Refs aren't the reason for the Panthers' woes. There is no conspiracy. They're just terrible this year.

1 minute ago, mwjr said:
  1. Cam has spent the past 5 years flopping his way to phantom personal fouls that garners him and his team plenty of 15-yard advantage.

I don't disagree with this. He is a floppin' master and perhaps the refs did decide to teach him a lesson. However headshots should not be allowed. This isn't CounterStrike, Quake or Unreal. 

Just now, mwjr said:
  1. Cam has spent the past 5 years flopping his way to phantom personal fouls that garners him and his team plenty of 15-yard advantages.
  2. The offensive line may very well be part of the problem, but Cam Newton's fundamentals are horrific. Unless he fixes those, he will always be prone to mistakes when the line breaks down or his receivers are less-than-stellar. It's the same thing that plagued Michael Vick.
  3. Refs aren't the reason for the Panthers' woes. There is no conspiracy. They're just terrible this year.

You made that account in 2008. You began talking when the Falcons were actually relevant.

Come back to me when you get 3 straight division champs in the Cam Newton Era

10 minutes ago, mwjr said:

Careful.  You'll get called a racist really quick on here.

It's already been proven that Cam Newton takes more shots to the head without penalty. It's a story on every national broadcast.

They'll make those calls for Matty Ice though, so in that way Falcants have an advantage and so does the whole NFL, even the Broncos in the SuperBowl. Von Miller lead with his helmet and tagged Cam in the side of the head and THEN had his legendary strip sack.

Conspiracy? Yes. Big one 

Why can't it be everything?

The numbers and film show that there is a clear difference between the way officials endanger Cam vs. Protecting other QBs. Wentz and Cousins both got flags that weren't deserved while Cam is repeatedly targeted. It is clear that the powers that be do not like Cam. They want Andrew Lucks. Not Cam Newtons.

The team also failed. They failed in execution, preparation, and worst of all they failed to remain competitive. Players (such as Newton and Benjamin) are emotionally weak on this team and seem to wilt as soon as the officials make it clear they're not going to call a fair game. They quit when one side of the ball fails to execute. We have quitters on this team. A team that has the motto "Keep Pounding." That is vile to me.

Our OC and QB coach have done nothing with the greatest dual threat, or as I like to say, COMPLETE QB to play the game. The same issues he came to the league with remain.

Management failed to properly stock the team with the pieces necessary for the coaching staff to succeed. The coaching staff failed to utilize these pieces and instead tried to force square pegs into round holes. This was something Rivera said he would do the opposite of when he took the job but time has told otherwise.

There was a collective failure across the board. poo, even distractions (Charlotte protests) and bad luck (just bounce the other way pls) came in.

To me, the nail in the coffins for the season were when Rivera basically supported targeting Cam ("I'd have taken the shot") instead of standing up for his guy. Ever since the SF playoff loss, Ron has tried to coach these guys to be passive in regards to dirty play, bad officiating, etc. Cam standing and holding the ball until he gets killed is exactly what they have taught this team: don't protect yourself and don't protect each other. The GM and the owner sitting silently while last year's MVP continued to get the poo beat out of him with no OL getting at the defenders that do it is a God damned tragedy.

Rivera has coached this team to be push overs and front runners. Gettleman and Richardson have supported it. Now, the team just sits there when everything goes wrong instead of getting fired up and determined to take control of the game themselves.

A lot of poo needs to be fixed. Getting rid of bad coaches and players that are toxic or not producing need to go. The players need to be shown that their bosses will have their backs, not the other team's.

5 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I honestly think this is good old boy racism. I really can't wrap my head around it otherwise.

would like to note that they were not calling the roughing the passer on cam pre-hochuli incident. Before mid way through this season there had not been a RP called since 2014 for a Hit on Cam. Cam had nothing to lose by calling out the refs they were already not calling RP. I don't know what we can do about it or as fans other then calling it what it is and that's racism.

I honestly think it started out as a mixture of Racism-lite and his body type/athleticism which is why he rarely got the calls, to just flat out revolt against Cam as a person for calling out their bullshit.  What we're seeing right now is not racism, We're seeing the good ole boys ref's sending a message to Cam for calling them out.  I seem to remember Vick getting every roughing call under the sun, same with RG3, and FOR SURE Russel Wilson, so IMO it's not just about race (while I think it had a part to play in the origination of the blown calls), right now it's about punishing someone for calling them out.

1 hour ago, Icege said:

Why can't it be everything?

The numbers and film show that there is a clear difference between the way officials endanger Cam vs. Protecting other QBs. Wentz and Cousins both got flags that weren't deserved while Cam is repeatedly targeted. It is clear that the powers that be do not like Cam. They want Andrew Lucks. Not Cam Newtons.

The team also failed. They failed in execution, preparation, and worst of all they failed to remain competitive. Players (such as Newton and Benjamin) are emotionally weak on this team and seem to wilt as soon as the officials make it clear they're not going to call a fair game. They quit when one side of the ball fails to execute. We have quitters on this team. A team that has the motto "Keep Pounding." That is vile to me.

Our OC and QB coach have done nothing with the greatest dual threat, or as I like to say, COMPLETE QB to play the game. The same issues he came to the league with remain.

Management failed to properly stock the team with the pieces necessary for the coaching staff to succeed. The coaching staff failed to utilize these pieces and instead tried to force square pegs into round holes. This was something Rivera said he would do the opposite of when he took the job but time has told otherwise.

There was a collective failure across the board. poo, even distractions (Charlotte protests) and bad luck (just bounce the other way pls) came in.

To me, the nail in the coffins for the season were when Rivera basically supported targeting Cam ("I'd have taken the shot") instead of standing up for his guy. Ever since the SF playoff loss, Ron has tried to coach these guys to be passive in regards to dirty play, bad officiating, etc. Cam standing and holding the ball until he gets killed is exactly what they have taught this team: don't protect yourself and don't protect each other. The GM and the owner sitting silently while last year's MVP continued to get the poo beat out of him with no OL getting at the defenders that do it is a God damned tragedy.

Rivera has coached this team to be push overs and front runners. Gettleman and Richardson have supported it. Now, the team just sits there when everything goes wrong instead of getting fired up and determined to take control of the game themselves.

A lot of poo needs to be fixed. Getting rid of bad coaches and players that are toxic or not producing need to go. The players need to be shown that their bosses will have their backs, not the other team's.

I have also heard that the players do not like the rigid control by the front office. 

Archived