• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summing up the 2016 Panthers Season in a single photo...

Jeremy Igo

DSC_3053.jpg

Lots of problems this year, but to me the biggest and most glaring from the start is the lack proper protection of Cam Newton. I do feel the refs have conspired to prove a point to Cam in an effort to "break him". Call out one of our own in a press conference? Well, we will see about that. 

If not for this, the Denver game would have been won and the season would have looked much different throughout. 

34 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

DSC_3053.jpg

Lots of problems this year, but to me the biggest and most glaring from the start is the lack proper protection of Cam Newton. I do feel the refs have conspired to prove a point to Cam in an effort to "break him". Call out one of our own in a press conference? Well, we will see about that. 

If not for this, the Denver game would have been won and the season would have looked much different throughout. 

I honestly think this is good old boy racism. I really can't wrap my head around it otherwise.

would like to note that they were not calling the roughing the passer on cam pre-hochuli incident. Before mid way through this season there had not been a RP called since 2014 for a Hit on Cam. Cam had nothing to lose by calling out the refs they were already not calling RP. I don't know what we can do about it or as fans other then calling it what it is and that's racism.

9 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I honestly think this is good old boy racism. I really can't wrap my head around it otherwise.

would like to note that they were not calling the roughing the passer on cam pre-hochuli incident. Before mid way through this season there had not been a RP called since 2014 for a Hit on Cam. Cam had nothing to lose by calling out the refs they were already not calling RP. I don't know what we can do about it or as fans other then calling it what it is and that's racism.

Maybe racism or just a dislike of Cam and his antics. He is very polarizing the type of player that if he isn't on your team, you dislike him. Probably one of the most disliked players in the league by all other fan bases and apparently the refs as well.

58 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I don't see any issues with that theory. 

I also believe the Players associtiaton should launch a full investigation/grievance into the NFL handling of Cam Newton and make it public. 

Unfortunately working against such a thing is that defenders who want continued free reign to take shots at Cam's head are also members of that union.

Oh, you don't believe the union is any more serious about head injuries and concussions than the league, do you?

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Unfortunately working against such a thing is that defenders who want continued free reign to take shots at Cam's head are also members of that union.

Oh, you don't believe the union is any more serious about head injuries and concussions than the league, do you?

This is the unions oppertunity to get back at the NFL for publicizing information about players potentially going on suspension, on suspension but still in a grievance. Which is written in the CBA that during a grievance it cannot be made public but the NFL has ignored. 

As you said, continued player safety is of the most importance. The panthers need to push that not with the league but with the union. 

Archived